Tuesday 9 February 2021

Day 1180 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing lilac sparkling ankle boots with cat embroidery
Shoes: Felicette | Irregular Choice 

The minute I saw these boots last season, I knew I had to have them.  Then I tried to talk myself out of them, after getting the much fancier, but similar themed Warp Speed.  I resisted them when they were heavily discounted during the Black Friday sales (only because I had no money) and once the Christmas sales came, they'd sold out everywhere.  I kept trying to console myself, saying they'd maybe be too low heeled, the colour wasn't as exciting as the stock photos showed etc etc.  However, Lottie's eventually reduced them and they were the only remaining place I could find with my size in this colour (they also come in black) and I had a voucher to spend too, so I swooped and I'm so glad I did.  They far exceeded my expectations.  So to answer my own questions, the heel isn't too low.  It surprised me being 4" as from some angles I've seen in photos, it does appear much shorter.  It's a big chunky block heel, so it's super sturdy and a great bridge heel if you're accustomed to only wearing mid-heels but maybe wanting to go a bit higher.  For someone like me, accustomed to wearing heels, this is as comfortable as it gets.  It really feels much lower than it measures.  The toe shape is new to me; a rounded at the corner square, it's cute.  The material used in these boots is stunning.  Yes it looks more silvery than intense lilac in the flesh, BUT, it has this amazing sheen in the contours.  I can't for the life of me get it to show up in photos, which is a pity as it's so stunning and vivid.  It's either a bright violet or turquoise blue and it's like a flash of light across the slightly ribbed, sparkly uppers.  The glitter heel and toe have a rainbow finish.  It's not really multi-coloured glitter, but a cloudy, rainbow overspray.   It works really well with the galactic theme.  I really appreciate the dog and cat being embroidered on the sides rather than a print and I love that fluffy lilac tongue.  It's the same fabric used in trims on so many of my handbags.  

Sizing wise I went for a 5/38, a bit hesitantly after needing to size up a couple of times lately, but they are very true to size for me.  There's enough room for me to wear thick tights or socks and obviously because they are lace-up, you have a bit of leeway with width.  I will say the sparkly laces are quite sore on your fingers when lacing them up.  I wanted to pull them tighter, but it hurt!  Also, the tongue is hard, it's not just fur fabric like some other boots are.  The other thing I want to mention are the small gold stars on the uppers (mainly the inner sides), I can see them coming off with wear.  I already lost one and a bit, when putting them on!  The uppers are still sparkly with that flash and obviously the embroidery and larger in-set metallic stars, so there's still plenty to look at.  I'm really pleased I got these, they look fab with these tights too, I wasn't sure they would (being very black based).  If you fancy these from Lottie's, then use my code isoGmm5492 for 10% off your order.    

Wearing:  Cosmic Cat Tights, Irregular Choice.   
Fit: 4" heel, no platform. Lace-up (hook and eyelet). True to size, enough room for socks or thick tights. 
Comfort: Don't foresee any issues with these.
wearing ankle boots with lilac fluffy tongue and lacing
wearing lilac glitter heeled ankle boots with dog embroidery on side
wearing ankle boots with glitter heel and sparkling uppers
back view wearing glitter heel lilac ankle boots with cosmic cat tights
wearing glitter heel ankle boot in silver lilac with dog embroidery
close up wearing cat on moon ankle boots with fur tongue
dog on planet embroidery on side of ankle boot
close up of dog on planet embroidery on side of ankle boot
embroidered cat on moon on side of ankle boot
close up of cat on moon embroidery on side of ankle boot
close up of glitter squared toe of ankle boot
close up of 4 inch glitter heel on ankle boot

6 comments :

  1. They are just so cute and gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these! Anyything with stars on is a winner in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love these - another pair I've actually not managed to get out of their box yet, but arrived months ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I didn't miss them, I'd have regretted it.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.