Tuesday 2 February 2021

Day 1179 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing galactic tights with silver pointed booties with large bow
Shoes: Power Surge | Irregular Choice 

These shoe-boots are from the SS20 Lightning Bolt collection.  You may remember I bought the fluffy unicorn print Heavens Above and pastel Galactic Thunder on launch day, after struggling to decide my favourites in this range!  I was intrigued by these little booties, which also came in pink, black or turquoise.  After much deliberation, I decided the silver were my favourite and picked them up in the summer sale.  What drew me to these, were the pink heel as it was really different to my other 2 pairs which are mirrored metallic.  This one is not at all like I thought, I was expecting a shiny finish, but it's matte, rubberised, a bit like Nars makeup packaging.  I really love the bright rainbow slub throughout the silver fabric and they have a bit of an 80's electro vibe in style and colour.  The shape is just...weird.  I'm not sure it even comes across in photos, but they are huge.  The way the large (lined fabric) bow sits across the widest part of the foot, makes me feel like a Clydesdale horse.  The top part is stiff, so it's not a slouchy bootie style, it kinda juts out from the foot, then in contrast the back is really neat and fitted to the foot.  It feels a bit like you have court shoes on, but slipped your feet into big, ridiculous slippers on top!  From some angles and especially when wearing them yourself and looking down, they look a bit silly and unflattering, but I don't entirely dislike that!  Your eye is definitely drawn to them and like I say, the mix of colours really appeal to me.  I also don't think I have anything similar...I believe my only silver IC's are the glitter Cinderella courts, Sparkling Slipper.  

Sizing, I bought my usual 5/38 and they are a bit snug at the moment, but I'd say pretty true to size.  They felt quite roomy in the toe area, so I personally wouldn't size-up because of the pointed toe.  The zip is small, but almost full length and does the job it needs to.  I think just about every Shoesday post I've written lately has a 4" heel; it's a really manageable height for me and although these heels are quite slim in concept/character heel circles, it's still a pretty sturdy base.  

I've been trying to sort out the overspill of overspill (seriously) of shoe boxes lately (it's no fun moving several box towers to take these photos each week).  I really need a big cull again, but I've not been selling on eBay for a year because of the virus.  I just don't want my Mum making unnecessary trips to the Post Office for me and of course now there's so much delay going on with deliveries both in the UK (because of Royal Mail staff shortages) and overseas with Brexit.  I definitely miss the extra little income it provided though and the shoe room is bursting, so something needs to be done.  Anyway, these made their way onto a shelf last week.  I actually love their little row, very colourful, but I really need to sort the whole room out, when energy permits (aka, never, probably).  

Wearing: Buzz Tights, Irregular Choice (old).  Just an fyi, for some reason these fit much, much smaller than my other IC tights.  They are almost too tight to even go over my knee! 
Fit: 4" heel, zip opening.  True to size, upturned pointed toe, but actually feels quite roomy in that area.  The top sits open and away from the foot/ankle, so it's not a fixed, tight cuff there.   
Comfort:  A nice solid heel to walk on and no rubbing anywhere.  
wearing buzz Lightyear tights with silver booties with large bows
wearing silver booties with pink lightning bolt heel
wearing lightning bolt shaped heeled shoes with Buzz Lightyear tights
wearing pink lightning bolt shaped heeled boots with galactic tights
back of lightning bolt shaped heel shoes with metallic silver uppers
wearing colourful silver booties with lightning bolt shaped pink heel
Irregular Choice Power Surge silver boots on floor
close up of bright pink lightning bolt shaped heel on boot
close up of pointed toe of boot in silver metallic with rainbow slub

3 comments :

  1. They look fab and love the tights :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you with needing to declutter, but also being wary of selling things at the moment. These are cute, I'm just not sure about pointy toes on me-I have long feet anyway and always have this thought in my head that pointed toes make them look longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the pointed toe here is that elongated that it makes the foot look longer and because they have a lot of width it kinda balances it out, so you might be alright with them. I've really noticed not selling stuff this past year. I just don't want Mum to have to go to the PO for me and for a while Royal Mail were really struggling with deliveries round here, so I couldn't deal with it turning up late and it not being my fault but getting blamed for it.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.