Tuesday 16 February 2021

Day 1181 - Shoesday Tuesday

applique circus characters on grey felt platform shoes worn with marbled tights
Shoes: Felt circus platforms | REDValentino 

I've had these shoes for a couple of years now, but I thought I'd share my fit review today and I fancied a change from the usual Irregular Choice! I lusted after these shoes from the moment I saw them in the Autumn/Winter 2015/16 collection and eventually got them in my size. REDValentino is like the fun, flirty, younger sister of the Valentino brand.  Ever since their launch, I've loved their aesthetic and this isn't my first pair of their shoes.  I've also always loved circus themed things, I don't know why as I've never actually been to a real circus!  These chunky platform sandals have an open toe and on one shoe an applique acrobat and the other a clown, with embroidered and embellished details.  The uppers are made from quite a coarse grey felt and they have a large rubber tread on the sole.  My main worry about sizing, was the high cut vamp.  I feared it digging into my foot or maybe not being able to get my foot in at all.  I bought the 5/38, which is my regular size and as you can see they are fine.  If anything a tad roomy, though you do need that to get them on.  The button is elasticated, but I don't think it comes out of the button-hole, so they are a slip-on style.  You just have to keep pushing your foot in and pulling the strap up bit by bit whilst doing so.  They are so comfortable once on, despite that higher heel and big platform.  They feel sturdy and steady and are easy to walk in.  

I've been doing a lot of tidying up this past week and found these tights that I didn't know I had, still in their packet!  I thought they were a perfect match for these.  

Wearing: Storm print tights, Pamela Mann (old). 
Fit: Just under 5" heel, 1 3/4" platform. Slip on (elasticated button on strap). True to size. 
Comfort:  Found these very to comfortable to wear with a stable, sturdy base.  
shoe sizing advice for RED Valentino circus platform shoes
wearing grey circus platform shoes with bright patterned tights
wearing Pamela Mann storm tights and RED Valentino grey platform shoes
wearing marbled tights with grey felt platform shoes
wearing grey felt platform shoes with acrobat and clown applique
wearing open toe shoes with applique circus characters across toes and marbled tights

4 comments :

  1. These are mad, I love them :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are super cute. I love the blockiness (is that a word?) of the heel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.