Friday 20 July 2012

Day 689 - It's The Dream Afraid Of Waking

Shoes: Purple croc 4 buckle courts Matalan
Shoes: Wine 'Whitney' Irregular Choice 

A two-shoe post for yesterday.  I ended up changing at the last minute from the strappy shoes into the platforms, because I knew I had a lot of walking to do (well a lot for me) and I could already feel the purple ones rubbing my heel from wearing them around the house.  Shame, because they were super gorgeous! I had popped out shopping and managed to get soaked 'running' from my house to the bus-stop (which is literally across the road), not good!  Onto the dress and this is the one I was talking about the sizing issues with.  I had heard it was on the larger side, so had already sized down to an 18 and ordered a 16 with it.  I tried the smaller first and it still felt large, so I ended up re-ordering a 14 and had it been produced in a 12 that probably would have fit better!  I guess then it's supposed to be quite loose, but I hate feeling like I'm wearing a tent.  The fabric is sheer (not to the point of seeing everything underneath, but shadows/outlines of your legs are visible in the light) and I certainly wouldn't have paid £75 for it.  It's got pockets (good) and it's just a nice, simple dress to throw on.

Wearing:  'Frida' floral dress Swan by Clements Ribeiro, leggings and cardigan Primark, shoe scarf gift, bag Gossipi, unicorn ring Miss Selfridge, leopard ring Primark, other two rings part of set H&M.  
Matalan
Fit: True to size and I love the 4 buckles because they are quite large and not those fiddly little ones you often get these days. Heel 4 3/4".Comfort: You feel safe enough, like I said the back of the heel/straps can rub after time.
Irregular Choice
Fit: True to size, 5" heel and double platform.
Comfort: Very comfortable and no issues.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.