Saturday 14 July 2012

Day 686 - Nothing In The Sky Said Run For Cover

Shoes: Peach 'Take A Bow' Irregular Choice

Hello!  This outfit was from...Thursday?  Yeah, Thursday, I haven't been out since.  Lack of motivation, bad weather and tonnes to do, all contributing factors to that!  I wasn't completely sold on this outfit, I actually probably never feel 100% comfortable when it comes to wearing separates.  The outfit didn't look too bad in real life, but looking at the pictures I think it comes across a little weird, like the skirt is too long or I just look a little swamped by the whole thing.  Anyway as you'll notice it is actually a skort rather than skirt.  I never thought I'd see the day where I'd wear hot-pants, so there you go.  It's basically full shorts with a skirt over the top which is split down the centre front.  If it's windy (which it was), the skirt blows open and you can see it's shorts underneath or I suppose depending on the way you sit, you'd notice, but otherwise you'd be unaware and just think it's an ordinary skirt.  I doubt I'd ever wear it without tights, given that I'd rather my inner thighs were seen by as few people as possible!  I couldn't find shoes to go, got a little frustrated then at the last minute spotted these.  Again I'm not entirely sure I'd pick them to wear again, but hey-ho.  Also my hair looked fan-freakin-tastic on Thursday and comes across as looking like s*** in these pics, what's up with that?!!

Wearing:  Floral skort Kelly Brook at New Look, Barbie vest Miss Selfridge, tights, black vest (worn underneath) Primark, cardigan Matalan, belt taken from another dress.
Fit: True to size, just over 4" heel.
Comfort:  No probs with these today.

2 comments :

  1. I now own this outfit (apart from shoes)!! I found the skort in the last size 18 on Oxford Street in London...was so pleased! Not sure Im brave enough to pair the top with it though. thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab find! I feel the skort has quite a flattening effect on the tummy, so you should try a top like this : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.