Saturday 18 February 2012

Day 586 - I'm Hearin' What You Say But I Just Can't Make A Sound

Shoes: Navy and gold 'Can't Touch This' Irregular Choice

I'm definitely guilty of my clothes reflecting my mood...not that it's a bad thing.  An old lecturer of mine at Uni; a big, burly, bearded chap was my mentor when I was doing my dissertation and we would meet up each week and he pointed this out to me (although I was already very aware of it).  He used to be afraid when I walked in, dressed in my rock-chic, all-black outfit (which I often did)-he saw this as my 'fierce' look and much preferred when I was in florals or pastels.  I've always used clothes or makeup or shoes to reflect my mood and I think that's part of the fun of dressing up.  Anyway, I've been in a bad mood all week, been mega grumpy and anything that can go wrong, has gone wrong.  So I've been conscious of trying to pick items that are mega pretty or happy for me rather than giving in to the 'depressing' wardrobe.  It seems very shallow, but sometimes a beautiful pair of shoes can lift your mood and put a spring in your step.  So the day before I had my new pretty Abigail's Party and yesterday these (also new) Can't Touch This.  I managed to pick them up on eBay for a good price along with the AP's and don't you think they were just made for this dress?

Wearing: Tile print navy dress Pearl Lowe at Peacocks, navy tights Primark.
Fit: Almost 4" heel, adjustable buckle. Snug fit but I opt for my regular size.
Comfort: My only complaint is it's hard to find the holes in the dark fabric for the buckle (it's also navy on the reverse of the strap), after about 20 minutes I gave up and had one foot in a tighter hole than the other!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.