Wednesday 6 February 2019

Day 1152 - Shoesday Tuesday

legs wearing heart print tights and purple, blue and pink metallic heart heeled shoes
Shoes: Irregular Choice Shoely Not

I think I said this in my Tingle Tastic Shoesday post last year, but I was really disappointed with this heart heel.  While I usually gravitate towards quirky heel shapes, this one just felt so unoriginal, dated and not Irregular Choice like.  However, I fell in love with the shoe when I saw it in Carnaby Street in May.  Heel aside, the uppers in all of the styles were beautiful.  I really love the strange colour combination on these and the fabric at the front is so pretty.  It's a sheer lurex style material with multi coloured threading through it and metallic polka dots on top and it's ruched, creating this really cool effect that's so shimmery.  It's something that doesn't come across that well on camera, it has to be seen in the flesh really.  I was pretty mesmerised by it when I first saw it. 
The bit at the back is again, beautiful, in patent with fine glitter (smooth finish), which almost looks multi dimensional or like you could stick your finger through it and the green bit under the toe is the same finish.  Then you have a fabulous pearl strap, not a removable bracelet style like we saw a lot of last year, these are fixed to the strap.  The fronts have really puffy, fabric hearts on them and honestly I'm such a sucker for frilly hearts, they get me every time.  These have "Love" embroidered on one foot and "me xox" on the other.  The heel and platform are mirror metallic, bright purpley-pink and tacky as hell, but like I say the other bits work so well for me, I can kinda ignore that.  I find they feel quite low, I was a bit surprised when I measured them to find they aren't.  They are comfortable anyway and despite having a small heel tip, they feel very steady and you feel well supported in them.  I had a bit of the same issue as the Rum Punch the other week in regards to the strap.  I find it quite tight in the hole I had it in here, but a little loose in the next one.  I might've had it in the tightest one, now that I look at it.  Probably if I were wearing these out, I'd choose the looser one as I think I'd struggle with stairs as it felt pretty restrictive around the ankle.  However the strap wasn't one that was too short nor really long (I've found it's been one extreme or the other recently) and the buckle wasn't too fiddly.  For the whole of February, I'm wearing Valentine themed shoes on #365daysofIrregularChoice on Instagram.  I wasn't sure I'd have enough pink, red or heart things, but having looked around the shoe room this week, I'm going to blitz it.  Turns out I and Irregular Choice like a heart or two!   

Wearing:  Heart tights, old. 
Fit:  4 1/4" heel and around another half inch in the platform/double sole.  Adjustable buckle on strap.  True to size, though the fronts can be a little tight at first-it wasn't enough for me to need to size up. 
Comfort:  You'll probably find you need to untuck the frill on the hearts when you slip your foot in and the fronts might become uncomfortable until they've slackened a bit.  Easy heel to walk on.        side view of legs in metallic cut out heart heeled shoes with polka dot ruched fabric frontsback leg bent, wearing shoes with pearl ankle straps and puffy heart frontsclose up from above wearing shoes with fabric puffed hearts on toes reading Love Me with pearl ankle strapsback view of feet wearing metallic platform and heeled shoes with glitter purple backs and heart tightslegs on floor wearing heart tights with heart themed shoes with cut out heel in metallic purpleclose up of lifted foot wearing heart shoe with navy lurex fabric and sparkly purple heelfeet together on floor showing cut out heart heels on shoes and polka dot frontsshoes with embroidered puffed hearts on toe and pearl ankle strap worn with heart tights

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.