Tuesday 29 January 2019

Day 1151 - Shoesday Tuesday

feet side by side on wooden floor wearing turquoise hand painted floral wedges with ivory patent uppers and red trim
Shoes: Alaska Irregular Choice

I wasn't going to have a Shoesday post this week as I have a lot on and didn't think I'd manage that as well (I wasn't organised with photos).  However, I was snapping these for 365 Of Irregular Choice on Instagram and quickly popped them on and it turned into enough photos for a post, so here we are.  I've wanted these shoes for ages, any of the painted wedge styles to be honest, I wasn't overly fussed which colour (though y'know me and green or blue options and these do come in blue) and these popped up, but a size too small.  I wondered if I should just get them anyway and either try and swap them for one of the pairs in my size or for something else.  I also secretly hoped they would fit in the smaller size and I'd get to keep them!  Turns out, they do and I can. 
Ok, so they are probably about a half size smaller than I'd like, but they aren't uncomfortable.  I have no overhang either at the heel or toe, my feet fit perfectly length wise.  By that I mean they are pretty much the exact same length of the shoe...usually you'd have a gap, certainly at the front where your toes are set-back slightly from the edge, but not hanging over is good enough for me.  I could do with a little more depth between the shoe and the straps, but I'll get to that in a moment.  The Velcro isn't fully covered by the strap (like I said, I did try these on excitedly and quickly, not thinking I would use the photos here, so I could perhaps position it better next time), but I suspect this would be an issue in my usual size too.  I think that was probably the intention-that some people might need some extra width and not fully cover the Velcro or might need them tighter.  As for the depth issue, I mean I wish the strapping sat a little higher up my heel.  It's digging into my heel a bit at the back, likely because they are too small (and my heel should therefore be further forward in the shoe).  Overall though, all of these issues are very slight for me.  I'm not sure I'd manage all day walking in them, but for a day out in the wheelchair, I reckon it would be fine and it's highly unlikely I'll ever have a day of walking again in my life, so I'm sorely tempted to keep them. 

They are pretty lightweight, not a really heavy wedge, but at the same time not airy-light that you feel unstable.  They have a gripped rubber sole and the uppers are an ivory patent.  I've said this before when I've worn lower heels, but I do find it odd to look at my legs or feet in flatter shoes and here, there's only a 2" difference between the heel and platform, so your foot does sit very flatly.  It's just a personal thing, I don't like the shape of my legs and feet in flats, so I'll probably always prefer to look at these from above with the bows (shame I wouldn't see the pretty floral platform though).  Anyway, I'm glad I finally got my hands on them and that I took a chance with the wrong size.  I feel a bit more relaxed about looking for a pair in my size, knowing I have a backup here.       

Wearing:  Pink fishnet tights, old. 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 2 1/2" platform. Velcro fastening on strap.
Comfort:  I feel the lower part of the strap at the back could dig into my heel and be annoying after a while.  I didn't note any rubbing around the open toe, but I had tights on, so probably wouldn't.  These are quite "rocker" wedges, where you have to rock forwards and back when walking, but they feel like a nice weight and steady to walk on.   legs facing forwards wearing pink fishnet tights and turquoise hand painted floral platform shoesstanding on one leg wearing pink fishnet tights and red bow wedge shoesback side view of feet wearing turquoise hand painted floral wedges with patent straps and red trimback view of legs wearing pink fishnets and floral painted wedge shoes with cream strapscrossed legs showing inner side of turquoise floral wedge shoe with red bowsside view of leg standing and back leg lifted wearing turquoise chunky wedge platform shoesfront leg lifted backwards with back leg standing on ground wearing pretty floral wedge platform shoesclose up showing velcro strap fastening on wedge shoes being wornfeet wearing t-bar shoes with open toe and red bows worn with pink fishnet tightsclose up of wedge shoe on foot with hand painted flowers on side and bows on uppers

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.