Tuesday 22 January 2019

Day 1150 - Shoesday Tuesday

side view of legs wearing brown floral tights and metallic peach shoes with one leg lifted backwards
Shoes: Rum Punch Irregular Choice 

Last week's Shoesday photos didn't go to plan, so I decided to scrap that post and start afresh for this week. I got a massive delivery last Monday of loads of new Irregular Choice shoes from their Hidden Gems sale. Nothing super special, but things I've had my eye on for ages, but never been able to buy because instead my money goes on the limited releases; character heels, Disney and the like. Rum Punch have been on my list for a long time. I love it when IC invent a new heel shape, they've had lots of interesting ones over the years and this is super weird and brilliant. From the back view, they look like standard stiletto heels, but turn sideways and you'll see they are almost wedge like. Not at all what you expect! If you stand from a front-side view, they do genuinely look like wedge heels (2nd image below), it's freaky.
You'll note the toe is really upturned on these. I figured I might need to size up because of this. They have that wide front, but it tapers kind of abruptly to a pointed toe, which I know some people can't get used to and size up as a result to give themselves extra room. I decided to just go for my regular size though and they actually fit well. Upon slipping my foot in, my toes can curl under if I don't get the angle right. It definitely helps if I wear tights, as for these photos my toes were perfectly positioned and comfortable. There's not a ton of wiggle room, but they're in no way tight on me either. I felt I was between holes when it came to the strap. The middle hole was the one it naturally fell into, but once fastened that felt and looked a bit loose, so today I pulled and pulled to get it into the tightest hole. Once fastened it's really comfortable, but it is a bit of a struggle to pull it that bit further to get it in and out of the hole. I think I'd aim for that every time though as it did look better. 

The t-bar isn't my favourite thing.  I love t-bars, but this shape looks a bit awkward or like an afterthought.  It's too wide at the base.  Maybe if there was some trim; a bow or flower or something to disguise where it meets the shoe as that's the bit I'm finding a bit strange.  The uppers though, wow!  So the main shoe is made up of this foiled floral.  It has a spectacular rainbow-mirror like finish and I really love the darker, moody blooms.  Then you have a plain material which also has a rainbow sheen, which can be super reflective in the light and then glitter beneath that.  The heel has a fine textured, dimpled finish.  The colour overall wasn't what I was expecting. The stock photos show a soft peach, very pale, but in reality it's a warmer, deeper shade.  Unfortunately they didn't come up much darker in my photos either, they are still peachier in real life than what you see here.  They have a very antique look, both in colour and style I feel.

I'm really pleased I've finally managed to get this heel shape, I'm finding it really easy to walk on, despite being so slim.  I photographed the heel tip below, because it's quite a contrast when you see it against the wider shaped toe.       

Wearing:  Floral tights gift (old). 
Fit:  Just under 4" heel, adjustable buckle fastening on strap.  True to size with the wide but pointed and upturned toe shape, which some people like to size up in.  I stuck with my usual size and find them comfortable.   
Comfort:  Despite the unusual shape, I find this heel comfortable and easy to walk on.  front view of legs together wearing brown floral tights and metallic peach t bar shoesfront facing legs with one tilted wearing peach metallic shoesside view with one leg bent wearing brown floral tights and mirror floral metallic shoes with angular heelone leg lifted to show sole of shoe and slim heel tip with other leg on the groundback view of legs in slim stiletto heels with glitter and floral detailsleg raised to show slim heel tip on shoe with other leg showing heel on groundlegs crossed wearing brown floral tights and flower patterned mirror metallic shoesleg lifted wearing peach metallic floral shoes with upturned toesclose up of feet wearing brown floral tights and metallic floral shoesclose up showing heel shape on floral shoe and toe of shoe on other foot

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.