Wednesday 27 February 2019

Day 1153 - Shoesday Tuesday

legs wearing turquoise Muppets print tights with blue sequins shoes with perspex heel
Shoes: Blue I Had To by Irregular Choice 

I'm blogging! It's been a couple of weeks since I managed a Shoesday post here. A couple of months since I've done anything on Pink Haired Princess, but that seems a bit big to tackle just now.  I've really been struggling with energy this year, so it's been too difficult to manage blogging as well as posting daily on Instagram with the #365daysofIrregularChoice challenge. These shoes were one pair I showed this month as I'm doing a Valentine's theme for the whole of February and I thought to myself "I don't think I've ever featured them on Shoesday". A quick check back and I hadn't. These photos were actually taken in January 2018 after I'd bought the shoes in the sales. The light was a bit funny (seems like it was a very sunny January day) and maybe that's why I ignored them for so long, but I thought I'd use these photos rather than the recent ones I took for Instagram (pale pink fishnets then), so you have something different to see. I rather like them with these Muppets tights actually.
I bought both colours of these shoes, I had to get the black after loving this pair so much. The turquoise-blue shade is super pretty and the sequins sit quite ruffled, which gives them mermaidy vibes. I know a lot and I mean, a LOT of people removed the glitter lips from the front because they either didn't like them or thought they looked like something rude (don't really see it myself), but I think it's quite quirky, so they'll remain on mine. The black have red lips, these are peachy nude....I'd rather like a glitter lipstick this colour come to think of it!

The style of shoe is basically Hello Ha, so it surprised me that I fitted my regular size. I've tried a couple of pairs of HH and had to size up and even then, I remember them being really tight. I'm thinking now that was because I was heavier, as I had no such issues with these. The straps are fixed and don't stretch at all, so this is likely the area you'd run into issues with, if you have wider feet. It's reasonably snug on me, but not uncomfortable. Unlike my older HH, I Had To have the new rubber sole (well it was newish at the time), which really grew on me. I wouldn't want all my shoes like that, but I do appreciate the extra grip every now and then. The little pearls are a lovely finishing touch and the perspex heel, well you know I'll always love that. I do really adore the bright turquoise in this one.  They are a nice everyday shoes for me...if you can say that about glitter, pearls and sequins!   

Wearing: The Muppets tights Irregular Choice
Fit: Heel just under 4", slip on. I stuck with my regular size and they feel snug, but not enough to need to size up.
Comfort: Don't see any issues with these, very comfortable heel to walk on. front view of legs in Muppets patterned tights with turquoise sequins shoes with peach glitter lips on themtilted leg showing nude glitter lips on shoes with pearl straps and Muppets tightsside back view of feet wearing blue sequins shoes with pearl detail and lucite heelperspex heeled shoes in turquoise with blue sequins uppers wearing Muppets tightslegs wearing Disney Muppets print tights with blue sequins shoes with perspex shaded heels and little pearl detailsshoes on feet with quirky nude glitter lip trim detailclose up of glitter lip trim across front of blue sequins shoesclose up of blue turquoise sequins shoe with perspex heel

2 comments :

  1. Hello Gem! It was lovely to see your comment on my blog! I've not seen any Korean series, so I'm intrigued.
    I love the colour of these! They are so pretty. I've wanted a pair of turquoise sewn shoes to replace some which got wet and then mouldy (because I forgot they were in a bag!)for ages! I like these though they'd be too high for me personally. I'm not really fond of anything with lips or lipstick.marks on so I'd probably have removed the lips too though I agree they are a marvellous colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of what I watch now is Korean and I love that I'm learning the language along with enjoying what I'm watching. It's also interesting to see cultural differences-things we couldn't give two hoots about here can be a massive issue in a drama. I've watched everything from gritty crime dramas to teen rom-coms and films too. Most shows tend to just be one series, which took a bit of getting used to at first, though I quite like that now (that I know everything will be tied up within a set number of episodes). They're also HUGE on product placement, like it's laughable and so obvious "mmm look at me taking a yummy bite out of my Subway sandwich"!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.