Friday 31 August 2012

Day 709 - The Hootin' & The Hollerin', Back & Forth With The Arguing

Shoes: Red 'Flashing Lights' Irregular Choice

The heating went on yesterday, sad times!  Just for a couple of hours, but it was really rather cold and although I refuse to dress in winter coats and hats (like some people are currently), I hate feeling cold inside when I'm sitting, not moving.  I have a huge fluffy blanket that I've reluctantly been wrapping around me, but I don't want to completely give in to winter!  I compromised with this outfit, bare legs and boots, summer and winter in one!  I must have tried about 4 dresses until I found the right partner-the only issue with wearing socks and boots is the skirt needs to be relatively short (or else your hem sits mid calf and boots almost mid calf and you're left with no leg or only the unflattering part), but I'm not keen on short hems outdoors in wind with bare legs.  Thankfully it wasn't too windy yesterday and the addition of my big cardi helped the dress stay down.  I haven't worn these boots before, the little flash of lace socks over the top looked cute I thought, but they are very heavy and have that bevelled sole like the Long(er) Lashes boots which take a bit of getting used to when walking.  Oh and no, I've no idea why I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat in the full-length picture either!

Wearing:  Teal lace dress Asda, belt taken from another dress, cardigan Primark, Mischief sunglasses Irregular Choice, ankle socks H&M.
Fit:  True to size, lace up front.  4 1/2" heel and 1 1/2" platform.
Comfort: No issues with comfort, just takes a while to get used to the curved sole and they are quite heavy to lift.

5 comments :

  1. I think the socks look really cute with the boots. And the dress was definitely the right choice. You look lovely as always.
    I still haven't had the chance to use my YSL yet as it's been pjs for me yesterday & today. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks fab with those boots. Nice choice!
    Haha love the "Cheshire cat" picture :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the combination of the socks and boots, and the dress looks perfect with the cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those booties are awesome and you paired them perfectly with this cute lace dress.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.