Wednesday 8 August 2012

Day 697 - You're Not Cute But You're Oh So Pretty

Shoes: Pink and black snakeskin, jewelled heel peep toes Miu Miu 

I was meeting an old friend from Uni yesterday and her husband and baby (for the first time).  I haven't seen her in just over 10 years as she lives and works in London now.  I felt we never really knew each other all that well as she was really a friend of many of my friends, but our paths crossed a lot.  We kind of became more involved when she came down for a week to stay with me when I worked in London and after that we both had interviews in Newcastle for teaching jobs, so had an entire car-journey from the Scottish Borders to Newcastle and back again to get to know each other.  Anyway yesterday turned out great as I was quite apprehensive about the whole thing, but we blethered away as if we'd just seen other last week and I really appreciated that she'd travelled all this way to see me.  Unfortunately I couldn't show them the local sights as I was rather pooped after my dental hospital trip the day before and can't walk very far at the best of times, but a couple of hours for lunch was fine.  It was a gorgeous day and I really wanted to wear something bright after my grey palette the day before.  This dress is just so pretty on, I felt really good in it...and a much better fit for me than the other CR stuff (even if it is still a little large around the waist).  Anyway it looked gorgeous against my hair and the bright pink lips, so after much fussing with which shoes to wear, I settled for a reasonably conservative pair.

Wearing:  Purple pansy 'Peggy' dress Swan by Clements Ribeiro, belt taken from another dress, bag Gossipi, Baroque Minima sunglasses Prada, fox ring Evans, parrot ring and flower pot brooch Miss Selfridge and vest worn underneath dress Primark.
Fit: Narrow in the toe, true in length. Just under 4 1/2" heel.
Comfort: Can crush your toes after a while because the shoes are narrow, easy to walk in.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.