Tuesday 1 February 2022

Day 1226 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Bougainvillea shoes
Shoes: Bougainvillea | Irregular Choice 

This was a brand new character heel which launched last year for AW21.  Whilst I was really taken with the sad wee face on the dog, none of the uppers screamed at me.  Out of them all, these green glitter courts appealed the most, so I got them in the sale and I'm so glad I did.  They are really beautiful.  The glitter uppers are a lovely shade and can you see the little shapes (flowers, cogs?) in amongst the regular glitter?  I've taken a close up and of the beautiful embroidery, it's laden at the front, which I appreciate.  The dog heel sits on the weirdest jagged tip (the colours varied throughout the styles, though the actual dog remained the same).  The heel feels like an old fashioned ornament to me, it reminds me of The Fox & The Hound too (which I love), I think it's really well executed.  It does jut out ever so slightly from the back of the shoe, but is pretty compact elsewhere and the most breakable looking part is the tail, which is well hidden (and protected) underfoot.  Height wise it's the same as the squirrels, so on the lower side of animal characters and no platforms on any of the styles.  

Sizing; I got a bit of a surprise as they run large and I just bought my usual size 5/38.  I wouldn't say as large as the squirrel heeled courts (Nibbles McNutty) which were definitely a full size too big for me, but my feet are a bit bigger than usual right now and there is a visible gap at the heel.  I can feel it too, my heel wants to slip out, but like I say, I think completely sizing down would've perhaps been too small for me.  However if you are already on the smaller side of your size, you probably could get away with the full size down.  Width seemed normal, no noticeable gaping, actually they fit really neatly there and absolutely no pressure under the embroidered dog at the front, which can sometimes cause me issues (of tightness).      

Wearing: Meadow Playtime Tights, Irregular Choice x Disney Bambi (old).   
Fit: 3 3/4" heel, no platform.  Slip on.  Run a little large in my usual size with a visible gap at the heel.  My heel does want to slip out when walking, but they probably aren't big enough for me to size down entirely.   
Comfort:  You may wish to find something to help with the heel slipping out if they are also a little large on you.  Otherwise easy enough to walk in and no rubbing.  
wearing green glitter court shoes with embroidered dog and flowers with Bambi print tights
wearing shoes with dog shaped heels
wearing Bambi print heart tights and dog heeled glitter court shoes
wearing Irregular Choice dog heels
wearing dog character heel shoes with Bambi tights
wearing colourful Bambi tights and dog heeled glitter court shoes
close up of dog heels on green glitter shoes
green glitter court shoes on wooden floor with dog shaped heels
close up of flower and dog embroidery on front of shoe
floral embroidery on side of green glitter shoe up close
close up of green glitter on shoe with flower shaped pieces in silver and purple
Irregular Choice dog character heel close up
side of dog shaped heel on shoe
close up of dog face on heel of shoe
bright pink jagged edged heel tip of shoe
Irregular Choice dog print sole for AW21

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.