Tuesday 8 February 2022

Day 1227 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Poker Joker dice heeled boots
Shoes: Poker Joker | Irregular Choice 

A brand new release for you this week. These updated dice boots just relaunched in two exclusive to IC colourways. Last year, was it just last year? Three new colours were released of the Poker Joker boot, first introduced for AW15, as part of the Bring Back collection. I really liked the blue pair, but couldn't afford them at the time and typically, they sold out, never to return and so I had to make-do with the bauble version at Christmas! Not quite the same, sadly. I was really torn with which pattern to get this time. Both have a jester, harlequin style theme in a bigger abstract or smaller checked pattern. Both are covered in sequins, like the Bring Backs and the original AW15 pair I got. I decided to opt for the larger design, but am hoping to get the other pair at some stage too, as I really love them. 

The placement of the colours will vary. I noticed the checked pair being modelled had rows of green which are barely visible in the pair in the stock photos as they're at the top and bottom. It's the same with the print I got. I'm not mad keen on the outer side of the left boot which has a mass of the blue-grey shade. The inner side of that boot is a better mix in my opinion, but it's just random. I ordered so quickly, then realised I bought a 5/38 when my old pair are a 6/39 (I only tried the size up at the time). I know with past rereleases the sizing has differed slightly, but I didn't try any of the Bring Backs last year to know.  However they fitted perfectly when they arrived. I tried on my old pair to compare...honestly there's not much difference. To look at, the 6 are wider and less neat looking on my foot, but they didn't feel any wider when wearing. There's maybe more wiggle room in the toe area in the bigger pair, but honestly there wasn't a massive difference. If anything, the new pair feel less stiff (oddly, I have actually worn my old pair for real, not just trying on for photos), so they felt comfier than the bigger pair, which are very rigid. I always put it down to them being covered in sequins, but the new style definitely feel more flexible. 

There's no platform on this style but the heel is comfortable, it has a strange kind of T shaped base, but is rather sturdy. There's no zip, but huge eyelets and wide satin ribbon, which are easy enough to lace, but some might find a bit finnicky getting suitable traction with the ribbon lying flat and a perfect bow! The lining is the crushed velvet red and blue marble from last season and the floral/bee sole as they are a repeat style, so I wonder if they were supposed to launch last Winter and were delayed.  I like the flashes of pink in these as a contrast and something a bit different to my usual blues and greens!  I've photographed them below with my original AW15 pair and also my dice heeled shoes, Take A Chance.  I don't have a lot of the dice heels, but they're one of the most practical for me as you can wear them somewhere like the dentist as they're flat down the back with no bits protruding against the chair.  I often have to forego character and concept heels for the dentist!    

Wearing: Black lace ankle cuffs, made by me.   
Fit: 4" heel, no platform. Ribbon tie front. True to size in my usual size (my original pair are a size larger).   
Comfort:  I find this heel sturdy, despite the smaller base.  No rubbing at the top of the boots.
wearing satin ribbon tie boots in sequins with lace ankle cuffs
close up wearing sequins ankle boot with stacked dice heel
pink blue grey and bronze sequins ankle boot with dice heel and sating ribbon lacing
wearing lace ankle cuffs and sequins harlequin boots
back view wearing stacked dice heel boot
sequins boots with lace frilled ankle cuffs and dice heels
wearing new season irregular Choice sequins ankle boots with dice heels
Irregular Choice Poker Joker blue multi
close up of gold eyelet and sequins uppers on boot
Irregular Choice dice concept heel close up with shoe shelves in background
Irregular Choice Poker Joker SS22 and AW15 comparison
Irregular Choice Poker Joker and Take A Chance dice heeled shoe and boots

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I'm still keen to get the other smaller checked print too, I love this style.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.