Tuesday 10 August 2021

Day 1205 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing jewelled T-bar shoes with acrylic seahorse detail and fishnet tights
Shoes: Hippokampos | Irregular Choice 

Another old Irregular Choice sale buy I got a long time ago, but haven't shared yet.  These also came in green, which we all know I'd usually be drawn to, but I really loved the multi-coloured gems on the black pair. The other pair were just one colour. I also love the multi-coloured trim, edging the shoe and the strap, it's stunning in real life, such vivid colours and a reptile finish.  This shoe is just crazy embellished, they really threw everything at it, yet they're still pretty subdued compared to others in my collection.  The flowers at the front are another fabulous part, I especially like the transparent leaves which change colour in the light.  The main focus though is supposed to be the acrylic, mirrored seahorse down the T-bar.  I've always loved seahorses and probably otherwise wouldn't have bought these, though I do feel like that detail is somewhat disguised within all the other fabulous pieces on this shoe.  

You also have that hourglass, glitter filled heel that I've shown before on Zevra.  It's a little lower than I'd usually go for, but IC heel heights have definitely been slowly reducing over the past few years, so I don't have much choice.  This toe shape is the stubby pointed toe, that cuts across the smaller toes slightly, which might bother some.  I'm used to it by now and I find these very true to size in both width and length (in my regular size).  The buckle is non-fiddly, which I approve of and despite the thicker glitter strap, it's actually pretty easy to fasten and unfasten.  I also appreciate the T-bar sliding along the strap, so no matter which hole you have it in, you can centre your seahorse.  

These are definitely a pair that you need to see up close to acknowledge all those little details and are far more impressive in the flesh, than photos ever show.  I'm not doing them justice here at all, I think they look a little boring in my photos to be honest and they're not.  That said, I'm not totally fond of how they look on my feet, there's something a bit matronly about that shape, a higher heel in my opinion would help greatly.  I also have the bag to match these, again one you need to see in real life to fully appreciate.  I should also add that these shoes come with a bag of spare gems.  Inevitably, over time some may fall off the uppers, so you do get a selection of extras for that.    

Wearing: Jewel fishnet tights, New Look (old). 
Fit:  3 1/4" heel, no platform.  Adjustable (non-fiddly) buckle on strap and T-bar slides along.  True to size, bought my usual size (5/38).  
Comfort:  This heel is really comfortable to walk on as it has a large base.  
wearing Irregular Choice Hippokampos seahorse shoes
wearing jewelled shoes with hourglass glitter filled heel
back view wearing transparent hourglass heeled shoes filled with glitter
wearing embellished shoes with glitter filled heels and jewel uppers
close up wearing glitter transparent heels with jewel uppers
flower and jewel shoes with seahorse detail on T-bar
Irregular Choice shoe in hand with jewelled uppers and seahorse detail in front of shelves of shoes
close up of metallic acrylic seahorse on shoe
close up of jewelled uppers on shoe with reptile colourful trim
close up of flower embellishment on front of shoe
close up of hourglass shaped transparent heel with loose glitter inside

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.