Tuesday 17 August 2021

Day 1206 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing black knit ankle boots with Eiffel Tower heel and Paris poodle tights
Shoes: Black Eiffel Tower heeled sock boots | Vetements 

I had hoped to have something from my Irregular Choice Sanrio order to show you today, but unfortunately it's not arrived yet. I don't know if I'm keeping all I bought, the collection was quite big and making decisions quickly isn't something I'm good at. I like time to think!  I'd rather return something I didn't need, than regret not buying it in the first place and it selling out. I definitely splurged when it came to the bags and accessories, so I'd feel guilty if I kept all that. I got a few pairs of shoes, but I mostly fell in love with the trainers and boots, which I don't wear, so at least they were easy to discount. I've said it before, but it's really hard to justify shoes and bags to myself at the moment when I'm never leaving the house and it doesn't look like that will change anytime soon. I've completely lost all desire to go out and our town is just hoaching with mostly non-masked holiday makers, students and visitors. It would be stressful rather than enjoyable, going out in that.   Anyway, these boots today were one of my birthday pairs from last year. I've never had anything from Vetements before and these have to be the plainest boots I own, but hello, beautiful heel! Obviously that was my reason for buying them, I just love it. I've long loved Eiffel Tower things.  It's metal and so detailed, just exactly like the real thing. The top of the Eiffel Tower is the tip of the heel, so it's upside down when you're wearing them.  I'm just so tempted to stick a little Polly Pocket in it!! 

There's lots to say about the boot itself, it's a knitted sock boot and very interesting inside. You have a wide elasticated strap going across the middle of the foot and a half shoe inside. It's completely like a normal shoe at the heel and then the sides taper into nothing when it reaches your toes. The first time I tried them on, I found them very tricky to get into and a bit of a palaver to be honest, but they were really easy this time. Wearing tights, I did feel them quite slippy inside. The strap isn't tight, so I did feel my foot slipping forward and there's nothing to stop it as there's no strong upper, it's like wearing socks. I'm not sure what they'd be like wearing them for longer and walking outside.. Not something I'll ever encounter being in the wheelchair, but I'm not sure how supported your foot is from wriggling around. 

The heel tip is small, so you need to be accustomed to stilettos, which I am. There is a strip of leather down the centre back to help them keep their shape, you can see I've slightly scrunched the boots down.  I felt comfier with them like that, than pulled up straight.  I imagine, they'd naturally want to slide down a bit with wear.  As for sizing, they are quite free because of the stretch in the knit upper and nothing curtailing you at the toes.  I bought these in a 38/5, which is my usual size and that's what I'd recommend.  I wouldn't size up, as I'm already sliding around a bit and I'm a biggish size 5 at the moment.  I couldn't resist pairing them with these tights, perfect Parisian theme! 

Wearing: Poodle-oodle Tights, Irregular Choice (current). 
Fit: 3 1/2" heel, no platform. Slip on (with half shoe inside and elasticated strap across foot). Stick to your usual size.   
Comfort:  Your foot does slip around a bit inside, despite the elasticated strap.  Not sure how comfortable or easy they would be to walk in outside.  Obviously with such a flexible upper, you have leeway with sizing and there's nothing harsh to dig into the foot.  
wearing black knit sock boots with purple and pink poodle print tights
wearing poodle patterned tights with Eiffel Tower heeled boots
back view of Eiffel Tower heels black knit boots with poodle tights
close up wearing Eiffel Tower heel sock boots
Vetements Eiffel Tower black sock boots
close up of silver metal Eiffel Tower heel on boot with shoe shelves in background

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.