Tuesday 31 August 2021

Day 1208 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing pastel Sanrio print tights with Hello Kitty plane court shoes
Shoes: It's Time To Have Fun | Irregular Choice x Sanrio 

The next pair of Irregular Choice shoes I bought from the Sanrio collection, are these winged courts.  Last week I shared the Playing Dress Up boots if you missed those.  The pair today, I was most unsure of when ordering, but as I said in my first impressions post, they really went up in my estimations when I saw them for real.  Although they slightly remind me of IC's old Wing Invador, they are a really unusual concept with the shoe taking on the appearance of a Hello Kitty plane, complete with wings out the side and tail out the back.  That part came protected with card and clips, but mine are both still a little wonky, I think you'd just have to live with them getting easily bent.  The window detail at the front, sticking up onto your foot is my favourite part.  Kitty and Daniel are co-piloting the plane with one on each foot.  The clear plastic is really flexible and doesn't feel strange or dig in at all.  You might want to flip it forward when putting the shoes on with tights though, so as not to snag them with the stitching on the back of the window frame.  I just love how it looks on the foot, it's unlike anything I've seen before.  

The insoles and outer soles are amazing in this collection and although all the characters (Little Twin Stars, Gudetama, My Melody and of course HK) feature on the uppers, they have the colourful HK artwork.  The heel is the bit I'm not so keen on.  It's just not that interesting, despite them trying to jazz it up in colour and add that fluffy Kitty bow applique.  The shoe itself is so narrow and neat looking, then this big clumpy heel...it's just not my favourite.  I also wish it were slightly higher, as it makes my legs look chunky!  The sides come up quite high, touching the ankle bone, but I honestly didn't feel a thing when wearing them, so it's not something I would try and fix personally (you can buy those jelly things to raise your heel up out of the shoe if it does bother you).  

When I first took them out of the box, I thought they looked very small and narrow and wouldn't fit, but actually they are quite roomy.  I just bought my usual size, so if you're between, definitely opt for the smaller.  I doubt you could completely size down though.  For some reason these are just the comfiest shoes ever...they feel like slippers on.  The Kitty face and the hearts on the side at the front of the shoe are embroidered, the other parts are printed.  The windows with Kiki and Lala etc are applique, several layers with the window actually transparent plastic.  The scalloped frame surrounding them is sparkly.  The tights last week would've gone perfectly with these, but I wanted to wear a different pair, so opted for these pastel ones.  I also have the matching plane bag, which you can see in that first impressions post, linked above.   

Wearing: So Lovely Tights, Irregular Choice x Sanrio (current). 
Fit: 3 1/2" heel, no platform. Slip on. Quite roomy in usual size, but not enough to size down. If between sizes, opt for the smaller. 
Comfort: Definitely one of the comfiest IC's I've ever tried.
wearing Hello Kitty plane shoes with Sanrio pastel tights
close up of court shoe with Kiki and Lala Little Twin Stars characters
wearing Hello Kitty oval toe court shoes with perspex window
wearing blue Sanrio shoes with winged aeroplane features
crossed legs wearing Sanrio printed tights and shoes
back of aeroplane shoes with wing detail and pink Hello Kitty bow on heel
close up of Sanrio Irregular Choice shoes in blue with aeroplane details
single shoe next to leg wearing Sanrio tights and a Hello Kitty shoe
Hello Kitty shoes with colourful Sanrio insoles on floor
side view of Hello Kitty court shoes on floor
close up of toe of court shoes with Daniel kitty in window of plane detail
close up of Hello Kitty plastic window detail across front of shoe
holding Hello kitty plane themed shoe in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of My melody and Gudetama characters in round window applique on side of shoe
window detail on side of shoe with Kiki and Lala characters
holding heel of shoe in hand with large pink fluffy bow applique detail
colourful Sanrio Irregular Choice sole design on shoe
sole design on Hello Kitty Sanrio Irregular Choice shoe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.