Tuesday 26 November 2019

Day 1159 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice christmas glitter court shoes
Shoes: Irregular Choice Santa's Helper

Following on from The Kringles boots last week, these are my other new season Christmas shoes.  I thought these were really cute, but the lower heel did put me off.  I put them in and took them back out of my basket several times, before committing to buying them on launch day.  They arrived the next day and my opinion was pretty much the same, they are cute, but the low heel is off-putting.  It just needs to be slightly higher for me, but I do really like the rest of the shoe. 
The uppers are glitter, mostly red, green and silver and up the outer side of each shoe are the most adorable characters.  Santa and an elf boy and girl sit on the right shoe, with Mrs Claus, Rudolph and a snowman on the other.  That one is my favourite, I love the reindeer and Mrs Claus!  This heel shape was introduced for AW19 with the zebra courts and Outta Time boots.  It's a bit like an egg timer, very curved and on both those styles the heel was filled with glitter.  Here it's got loose snow inside (not in liquid like the snow globe heels last year) and a snowman figure in the left shoe and Christmas tree in the right.  It's a totally different snow-globe idea to last year, but I like it.  Would like it even more if it was an inch higher though! 

The front of the shoes have signs, saying "Santa's" and "Workshop" with little jewels and lights surrounding. The bulbs are white, they do have an on/off switch and when switched on, flash with the walking motion or clicking your feet together (as I have to do in the wheelchair!).  It's worth noting these lights are non-rechargeable, though I have light up shoes from many, many years ago that still work and they've been well walked on over the years.  Fit wise, this front section is the only bit where I saw an issue.  When I first tried them on, I had flashbacks to You're Invited, trying to squeeze my foot past that sign.  It wasn't nearly as bad (it doesn't really sit up onto the foot as much as the carousel one did), but even trying them on a second time, they were much, much better.  I've now tried them on 4 times and it isn't an issue.  I think they're just a bit rigid to begin with.  They definitely fit smaller than The Kringles, but I did find those generous.  The toe shape also might bother some.  It's upturned and cuts across at an opposing angle to the toes.  It's not unusual in some IC's, but I know some people find it uncomfortable or don't like their toes touching the inside of the shoe.  In saying they are small fitting (I went for my regular size btw), I managed to wear them with tights, then added these socks too because my Mum brought them back from her holidays and they were red and sparkly and I wanted to wear them with something festive, so for me, there isn't any need to size up.     

Wearing:  Rainbow fishnet tights ASOS (old), red sparkly socks gift.
Fit: 3 1/4" heel, slip on.  On/off switch for lights, non rechargeable.  A little small and stiff on first wear, but I went for my usual size.   
Comfort:  The toe shape may cause issues for some.  Heel feels very solid and stable.    festive shoes with santas workshop signs across toeslegs wearing festive shoes with Christmas character applique down sidefestive glitter court shoes with snowman, rudolph and mrs claus appliquefestive christmas shoes with snow globe heelsclose up of christmas shoe on foot with Santa and elf applique characters and perspex christmas tree heelclose up of christmas shoe on foot with mrs claus, snowman and reindeer applique characters and perspex heel with snowmanglitter christmas shoes on feet with rainbow fishnet tights and red sparkling socksperspex heeled shoes with snow and christmas festive figures insideclose up of snowglobe perspex heels with festive theme and snowchristmas shoe with lights and Santa and elf appliquefestive christmas shoe with snowman snowglobe heelwearing glitter shoes with festive theme, rainbow fishnet tights and sparkly socksfestive shoe in hand with snowglobe heel and shoe shelves in backgroundchristmas tree snowglobe heel close upsnowman festive character shoe in front of irregular choice shoe shelvessnowman snowglobe heel on shoe close up

6 comments :

  1. They look super cute! HAHAHAA< LOW IS GOOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, I do wish they were a tiny bit higher, but it seems low/mid heels are in these days and I can't get high heels!

      Delete
  2. nice match ups with socks and fishnets and shoes as always<3
    not just shoe closet but each of your storage of anything, everything, basically your whole room seems like filled with great collections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a labour of love getting everything just how I want it. I'm combining heel heights, colour and style, which can be tricky (easier just picking one and sticking to that), but it's most aesthetically pleasing to me when they all align!

      Delete
  3. On wow, these are amazing and loving the festive feel :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A totally different take on last years liquid snow globe heel. Much lighter!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.