Friday 10 May 2013

Day 873 - Took A Ride On A Suicide Romance


Shoes: Hessian 'Can't Touch This' Irregular Choice 

This was my travelling outfit to Glasgow on Tuesday. I was so upset after breaking my 'Making Moves' shoes and must have changed my mind another 4 or 5 times as to which shoes to wear instead. I'm so glad I picked this pair (at the last minute), because they gave me absolutely no aches or pains and were just so comfortable. I hadn't had time before we left to take photos, so I quickly took some when we got to the hotel. I was feeling and looking a bit worse for wear at this point after a few hours on the bus and was still a little sniffly from my random 1-day cold the day before!  It was quite strange taking photos somewhere else, but it's nice to have a different backdrop for a change isn't it?  Keep reading on for my outfit I wore at night.

Wearing:  Floral dip hem dress, leggings and beaded cardigan Primark, flower hair clips Debenhams, flower hair comb Yama Yama Pretty Mama, nude quilted handbag Love Moschino, rings ( not shown, but see bottom), unicorn pearl necklace Topshop.
Fit: True to size, adjustable buckle, 4" perspex heel.
Comfort: Difficult to buckle up but no other issues.

I only wore the one pair of shoes and decided against bringing another pair with me. It seemed silly for an overnight stay, no matter how much I'd have liked a little variety! So for night I changed into my Henry Holland dress, took off my necklace, added some earrings, changed my cardi and freshened up my makeup. I also decided against bringing my ASOS cat face maxi dress, which I'd initially thought of wearing to the concert. It didn't look right with any of the shoes I considered, so I thought it best to save it for another day. I didn't feel very dressed up, this is as casual as I get really, but I was more inclined to pack non-crease, practical clothing and to pack light, so it was whatever fitted that criteria.  I have my outfit to come from the next day and then I'll be all caught up on posts this week.  I'm also going to slip in here that I'm selling some items on eBay ending this weekend (Sat/Sun).  I usually forget to tell you until the last minute ; )

Wearing:  Cartoon girl dress H By Henry Holland, leggings and cardigan Primark, nude quilted bag (not shown ) Love Moschino, pig and rabbit rings Topshop, frog ring Miss Selfridge, emerald ring my Granny's, pink fox ring gift, earrings Mawi for ASOS, flower hair clips Debenhams, flower hair comb Yama Yama Pretty Mama.  
How cute is this Irregular Choice bag?  I bought it for my sister a few years ago and she loves taking it to concerts because it's the perfect size for her purse, camera, phone and batteries etc.  I couldn't resist taking a pic to show you.

4 comments :

  1. Oh no, how did you break the shoes? !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tiny bit between where the fabric part of the zip is stitched into the shoe and the actual metal teeth of the zip has split. I may still be able to zip them, because the actual zip hasn't broken, but it's difficult to zip up and I didn't want to chance taking them away to have them totally break on me. I love those shoes, I'm so sad : (

      Delete
  2. Oh nooooo shoe sadness, hope you can fix them xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.