Thursday 25 October 2012

Day 745 - We're The Song Inside The Tune

Shoes:  Black Blythe 'Akemi' Irregular Choice 

What a difference weather-wise in a day (see my pic at the bottom, although it was much brighter in person-I was glad I wore sunglasses)! We had daylight, no lights on in the house, gorgeous blue skies and it was much warmer than I expected. I was preparing for winter, so it was a nice little surprise, not to have to get wrapped up for one day. I still wore a vest top under this dress and leggings, plus two cardigans for going outside, but I was boiling by the time I got home! I was glad to get to try out a more wintry styling with this dress though. Now these shoes, I bought years ago and haven't worn them outside before. The pom-poms had come loose and so I feared I would lose them and the ankle straps were ridiculously small with the widest hole still far too tight for my ankle. So a few months back, after they'd been sitting waiting for months previous to that, I set about fixing them up. I glued the pom-poms in place and they are now more sturdy than they ever had been and I pierced another hole in the strap, so I could wear the straps if I wanted. I suspect with longer wear the strap at the back will nip the heel as most styles like this do, tights could help, but thankfully for the short period I wore them yesterday, I didn't end up in pain (I already have a rather unsightly scabby heel from another pair of shoes last week). I wouldn't say the shoes are tight, but the fit is neat, there's not much room, but they might stretch a little with wear.

Wearing: Parrot dip hem, maxi-dress Dorothy Perkins, leggings Primark, cardigan Bonmarche.
Fit: Neat fit. Just under 4" heel and small concealed platform.
Comfort: See above, no major issues today.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.