Tuesday 28 June 2022

Day 1247 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Rosie Posy
Shoes: Rosie Posy | Irregular Choice (Rosanna Gault) 

Like Teddy Toes last week, my shoes today are also from SS17.  Back in 2010, Irregular Choice collaborated with the London College Of Fashion, where Rosanna Gault and So Yeon Sarah had their designs made, in a very limited collection.  Rosanna was asked to rework her cut-out heart heel and floating platforms for SS17, where we were treated to 6 more variations.  I ended up with 5 of those, some of which I've not yet shared here, though they all fit similarly.  Rosie Posy are shaped differently to the original Rosy cuffed court shoe.  The vamp is cut lower at the front, but higher at the counter.  This proved bothersome for some, as the side rubbed at the ankle bone.  My suggestion to work around this, is to get some of those heel gel pads that are designed to lift your heel up a bit.  It's enough to take the bone above the shoe line and prevent rubbing.  To be honest, I find the shoe sits at the bone, but doesn't rub me or cause discomfort and that's without my heel raised.  I haven't worn them for long periods though, so perhaps after a while it would get annoying and sore.  Certainly one gel pad is enough to lift my heel up and out of the way.  

Although the floating platform is a little smaller than a more classic platform shape, it still feels sturdy to walk on.  Likewise, the heel tapers considerably from the top, but has so much support up under your foot and still a decent sized base that you don't wobble at all. They are a higher heel, but not difficult to walk on at all if you're accustomed to heels.  Like I said, size-wise these all fit pretty much the same.  They are more generous than the 2010 versions, but not, in my opinion, enough to fully size down.  If you're between sizes, like I often am, then opt for the smaller size.  I tried them on again today, now that I'm more of a 38.5 and the 38 are comfortable, but I definitely notice a difference from when I was a smaller 38 and they felt roomy.  

White isn't a practical shoe colour for most and being so fancy, they do give off bridal vibes.  For that reason I wouldn't have bought them full-price, but I got these very cheaply years ago.  Actually under the white lace is silver glitter, it's really pretty up close.  I just love the shape of this shoe, that platform, toe shape and heel, it just works so well together-that's why I have so many pairs!      

Wearing: Floral tights, Miss Selfridge (old).   
Fit: 5 1/4" heel and 1" platform.  Slip on.  Generous, not sure enough to go down a full size (as I haven't tried) but certainly if you're between sizes, opt for the smaller one.
Comfort: The heel and platform may look high, but are very steady and easy to walk on.  Use gel heel pads to lift the heel up, if the high counter is giving you issues at the ankle bone.  
wearing Irregular Choice Rosie Posy white lace shoes
back of legs in floral tights with white heeled shoes
wearing white lace court shoes with pearl and flower on front
wearing white shoes with cut out heart heel and high platform
Irregular Choice Rosie Posy shoe in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of pearl and flower detail on front of shoe and silver glitter under lace uppers
cut out heart heel of shoe close up

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.