Tuesday 14 June 2022

Day 1245 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Arctic Slide
Shoes: Arctic Slide | Irregular Choice 

Another oldie for you this week and something a bit different from my usual heels.  Last time, I posted my fit review of the Glazed & Confused platforms from SS19, coincidentally the pair today are also from that season.  These were part of the Family Reunion collection, celebrating 20 years of Irregular Choice.  That collection (I've stated before), is one of my favourites and remains so-I can't think of another since, that's had me as enthralled.  It focused on reinterpretations of past character heels.  The panda heel was updated to a sparkling polar bear for this launch and these sliders, similar to the heels, were released alongside a coordinating pouch.  I have them all!  I didn't buy the slides straight away, but I really didn't want to miss out on the other two.  The design is really smart, with an applique polar bear, seal and fish, all sewn beneath the glitter transparent upper to give the illusion of them swimming underwater.  They are all very soft on the back, so there's no irritation from that.  There's a white fur trim around the top, just like the heeled version and some little pearls scattered throughout.  

I buy sliders to wear as slippers in the house, not outside, as I can't walk in flats and I rotate my small collection each season.  These come out every winter and to be honest, I could do with replacing my whole collection as they're all a bit knackered now!  I found these a bit looser than previous sliders styles I owned.  The band across the foot doesn't feel like it holds your foot in as well as others.  It's not padded like other ones, so is thinner, which might account for this.  However despite that, I'd say they're more rigid in that area or at least not as flexible as most others.  That's just down to the material used.  That said, I've never noted discomfort, rubbing or a need to break them in-they just don't bend as well as others.  I bought my usual size 5/38 and I certainly wouldn't size up or you'd struggle to keep your feet in them.  The length is true to size to generous; there's plenty space at the toes and I don't feel the back digging into the bottom of my heel at all.  They are a lighter weight slider with (I find) quite a slippy sole.  I'm always a bit more careful on tiled surfaces or laminate flooring with these.  Do you remember these?   

Fit:  Slip on.  True to size to slightly generous, definitely don't size up (I went for my regular size 5/38).   
Comfort:  The material on the uppers takes a bit of getting used to at first, as it isn't as cushioned and flexible as some of my other slides.  
wearing Irregular Choice Arctic Slide blue glitter sliders
crossed legs wearing blue glitter sliders with polar bear, seal and fish applique
Irregular Choice Arctic Slide, blue sliders on floor
close up of polar bear applique on blue glitter slider with white fur trim and shoe room in background
close up of seal applique on blue glitter slider with pearl trims

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.