Tuesday 21 June 2022

Day 1246 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Teddy Toes
Shoes: Teddy Toes | Irregular Choice 

Last week I shared my polar bear sliders from SS19 and today I'm going back another couple of years to SS17. This style came in 3 colours, each with a separate name, as they were slightly different. The mint pair with short ears and pompom tail, resembling a bear are Teddy Toes. The pink with longer ears and pompom tail are Cream Puff, resembling a bunny and then the black pointed ears with longer, thinner tail are Kitty Paws, a cat. I think I bought Teddy Toes whenever they launched, then later picked up Cream Puff as I liked this sandal shape so much. I'd have been gutted if I'd missed out on TT as I love the style and colour. Mint has been my favourite colour since I was a child, so I love the pearlised uppers and fluffy heel and details. There's a small glitter platform and under the fur, the heel is still reasonably chunky. I find these really easy to walk on and comfortable too. The toe is open, rather than a peep toe, so there's no rubbing or issues there either. 

The sizing is true to size, erring on the generous side. I tried them on again (now that I'm currently more a 5.5) and the 38/5 are still a comfortable fit on me. I didn't find them too large previously as a smaller 5.  My feet weren't slipping around, they were just a bit roomy, so I'd stick with your usual size. The only part I can foresee issues with, is the ankle strap. It can be a bit of a nightmare to fasten (thick strap and fiddly heart shaped buckle), there's only 3 holes and they're all very close together and generally the strap is quite short. Once fastened, it's one of those straps that can really restrict movement in your ankle.  The rest of the shoe is so comfortable, but this part isn't. I think it will be too short or lack enough holes for some.  

I love these, crazy but not overly crazy IC.  They look great with printed tights like these too, if you're a bit afraid of showing your toes.  I'd wear them with socks too.  The fluffy heel is cut shorter at the bottom, to prevent it getting dirty on the ground (as much as possible).  You can also brush the fluff up the opposite way, to make it bushier, which I like doing.   

Wearing: Meadow Playtime Tights, Irregular Choice x Disney Bambi (old). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel, 3/4" platform. Heart shaped buckle on strap. Runs true to size if a little generous (not enough to size down), the strap lacks length and adequate hole options in my opinion. 
Comfort: No rubbing, comfortable heel and platform to walk on, sturdy, ankle strap can be restrictive though.
wearing mint sandals with furry accents and Bambi print tights
close up of mint sandal on foot with fluffy pompom tail and heel
wearing mint green shoes with pompom at back and fur heel
front of legs in colourful printed Bambi tights with mint green sandals with fluffy ears
side of legs with fluffy heeled sandals and pompom detail
back of legs showing off pompom and fluffy heels of shoes
wearing mint green sandals with dark glitter platform and fur heel
Irregular Choice Teddy Toes shoes in hand with shoe shelves in background
close up of green glitter platform and mint coloured fluffy ears on sandals with shoe room in background

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.