Tuesday 7 June 2022

Day 1244 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Glazed And Confused
Shoes: Glazed & Confused | Irregular Choice 

Another one from the archives for you today, see Barnacle Betty from last week if you missed those.  This week, ah, another pair I compromised on.  Story of my IC life these past few years.  I wish these had a higher heel.  Sorry, if you're tired of hearing me say it, I'm tired of never getting high enough heels to be honest!  It's actually rare to see genuine high heels at IC now.  They've never been one to follow trends (and actually high platforms and heels are in fashion right now), so if it's fallen out of favour, that shouldn't make a difference to IC.  Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know, but I only bought these because they were cheap and I otherwise liked the design, but I'm not a fan of my foot feeling almost flat inside.  I also did something I rarely do and sized down, completely.  I did have the option of my regular size (5/38) but had read many reviews saying they were very generous, so bought a 4/37.  Sadly, now that my feet have grown a bit after putting weight on (since these photos were taken), they're uncomfortable on me.  However, I can still get my feet in, so I do agree with others that they are generous.  If you're a straight size, you could definitely size down.  These used to fit me and as you can see, my toes aren't hanging over the front.  There's a slight gap, but in my usual size, my toes would be sitting quite far back from the end.  Now that I'm more of a 5.5, they are tight across the front and sore at the heel.  I do think they'll pinch a bit at the heel anyway, with the strap.  It's also impossible/annoying trying to keep the feather trim from being tucked into the shoe with your foot when putting them on.  How do you do it? I'm not sure a shoe horn would help as you need it all the way around, all at the same time!

The ankle strap is quite a thick one, so you may need to pinch the sides to get it into the buckle.  I'm sitting middle-ish hole in these photos, but although there's several hole options, the strap isn't the most generous in length that I've seen.  I do love the little heart shaped jewels on it.  The shoe is generally quite stiff, so not the most comfortable at the front either.  The block heel is sturdy, as is the platform.  These launched for Spring 2019 and came in another colour (more pinks and green).  Orange is the only colour I dislike, but I loved the blue shades here enough to get these.  The orange glitter is neon-bright.  Orange and blue together always makes me think of Irn Bru!  Like I say, I wish the feathers would stay out of the shoe more, but it's too difficult to get them perfect.  I love the sweet on the front.    

From the back view, the heel area is supposed to look like a doughnut with the hole.  I like the idea (even has beads for decoration), but I think it could've been executed slightly better.  The hole is too elongated, though I appreciate it's hard to match the shoe part exactly to the heel, the proportions are just slightly off for me.  I love the stripes though, the colour combinations are beautiful.  

Wearing: Blue tights, Primark (old).  
Fit: 3 1/2" heel, 1 1/2" platform. Adjustable buckle fastening on ankle strap. Note; I've unusually opted for the size down (4/37), as they are generous.  They fit me when I'm a 5/38 (in these photos), but now I'm slightly larger, they're too small and tight.  Definitely don't size up.  
Comfort:  Easy heel and platform to walk on, I think they'll pinch at the back with the strap.  Quite a hard shoe all over.    
wearing blue tights and orange and blue sweets and doughnut shoes
side view of legs in orange and blue glitter sandals with bright blue tights
crossed legs wearing blue tights and bright orange and blue sandals with sweets on front
back view of legs with doughnut themed shoes and striped heels
wearing feather and glitter shoes with jewelled ankle strap
wearing glitter ankle strap shoes with feather trim
close up of dripping glitter platform and striped heel on doughnut themed shoes
wearing Irregular Choice Glazed & Confused glitter platforms
Irregular Choice Glazed And Confused in hand in front of shoe room shelves
large wrapped sweet across toe of sandal in blue and orange stripes
heart shaped jewels on ankle strap of shoe close up

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.