Tuesday 10 May 2022

Day 1240 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Quartz Order
Shoes: Quartz Order | Irregular Choice

I got these boots for an absolute steal, alongside the Shoot For The Stars courts I shared last week.  They were part of the AW20 diamond heel release, which featured a much slimmed down version of the old jewel heel seen on the likes of Diamontina and Shimmy.  You may recall my favourite from the newer launch was Delicate Diamond in green and then I later got the red version in the sale.  Quartz Order came in four colourways; plain black fabric, a Prince Of Wales style check with rainbow finish, metallic camouflage and these, rainbow metallic.  I was most taken with this heel, which appeared to be multi-coloured in the stock photos.  I noticed they later switched it and I always wondered if perhaps the heel had changed from the sample pair photographed and in order to avoid disappointment were replaced by a single gold shade in the photos.  I can confirm though, they are spectacular and very colourful in person.  They constantly change as you'll see throughout this post, I love the tri-colour shot where the tip is pink, then bright yellow and light blue at the top.  Like the old diamond heel, the tip itself is very small, so some people might find them a bit wobbly.  

There's a pattern to the uppers as well as the bright rainbow stripes.  It reminds me of that holographic wrapping paper you thought was "fancy" back in the day!  The uppers are actually a nightmare to photograph, as the moment your camera focuses, the bright colours diminish.  They are so vivid in front of your eyes, but too shiny for photos!  They have that jagged edge to the sole, in red, which is nicer in person than I expected (it tends to photograph lighter and brighter).  It's very jaggy when you hold it in your hand for photos though!  There's a zip fastening and also an elasticated gusset section on the inside leg.  They are supposed to fit close to the foot, but you can see there's still a small gap around the top on me.  I had no issues zipping them up.  I found the Delicate Diamond boots quite roomy, QO are true to size.  There's not much wiggle room in length or width for me, but I didn't feel the need to size up.  They aren't the comfiest of boots though.  I've actually worn my DD before, so I didn't have any such issues with them, but even in the short time I wore QO for photos I found my insteps aching.  I wouldn't wear them if you had a lot of walking to do.

Even at the bargain price I got them for, I was feeling a bit guilty about my lack of storage space and buying another pair I didn't *need*, but I'm really glad I did get them, they are very cool in person.  I fear my photos aren't conveying that very well.  

Wearing:  Black side stripe fishnet tights, ASOS (old).   
Fit: 4 1/4" heel, no platform. Zip opening and elasticated gusset on inside leg.  Slim fitting and true to size in my usual size 5/38, no issues with the zip fastening.   
Comfort:  My feet were aching even after a short wear.  No rubbing though.  
front of legs in ruched metallic rainbow ankle boots with fishnet tights
close up wearing rainbow holographic ankle boots with diamond shape heel
side view wearing Irregular Choice Quartz Order rainbow boots and fishnet tights
crossed legs in fishnet tights with metallic ankle boots
back of legs in fishnet tights with diamond shaped heel ankle boots
wearing rainbow striped metallic ankle boots with diamond shaped heel
wearing Irregular Choice Quartz Order diamond heel ankle boots and side stripe fishnet tights
close up of ruched rainbow metallic uppers on boots
Irregular Choice Quartz Order boot in hand with shoe shelves in background
Irregular Choice diamond shaped metallic heel
small heel tip of diamond shaped heel on boot
close up of zip fastening and elasticated gusset on inside leg of boot
Irregular Choice AW20 space cat sole print

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.