Tuesday 14 September 2021

Day 1210 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing pink cat print ankle boots with fishnet tights and red details
Shoes: Delicate Diamond | Irregular Choice 

These boots were part of the updated diamond shaped heel collection for AW20.  The heel is a lot slimmer and lighter than the previous jewel shape we'd seen on the likes of Diamontina years ago.  I originally bought the green version (exclusive to IC) and had always hankered after this pink/red combo, so when they restocked them in the summer sale, I snapped them up.  I feel they are different enough to the green ones to justify both and they came in black too, which again are a totally different look.  It's unusual for me to gravitate towards this colour combination, but I really like it.  The bow has a matte finish here, on the green, it's satin.  It feels very flimsy, but doesn't 'ruin' the shoe.  I love the rich shade of the metallic toe and I have an unusual pair as down the back of the boot there's an embroidered strip which should read "always" on one boot and "irregular" on the other.  However I have "irregular" on both of mine.  I don't mind it...I think "always" repeated would've looked stranger or if it was "choice" that would've been weird.  The heel was mirrored gold on my other pair, but a pretty, dusky, pale pink here.   

Size wise they fit exactly like the green pair, roomy in the foot and all over.  I bought my usual 5/38 and there's absolutely no pressure on doing up the zip and as you can see the cuff is wide around my ankle.  I usually always feel a tightness across the front of my foot, but there's nothing here.  The toe does narrow, so I'm grateful of the extra room there.  I wouldn't size down completely, but if like me, you tend to be between sizes, opt for the smaller.  

This was the only thing I bought from the sale...I almost got the SS21 hippo heels, then talked myself out of it.  I realised I only have one hippo box from last season, so I haven't been buying much.  Not that I was contemplating buying a pair for a box, that wasn't what I meant! I'd say it's a combination of lack of money and definitely a lack of space and just not being overly enamoured with styles lately.  Heel heights continue to be low, which isn't my thing (would've been all over the new Forest Frolics last week if they'd been higher as I love the deer, fox and mouse embroidery).       

Wearing: Jewel fishnet tights, Primark (old).   
Fit: 4" heel, no platform, full length inside zip. I find these roomy, one of the few zips I don't struggle to fasten. If between sizes, opt for the smaller, if not, just stick with your usual size. 
Comfort: No issues with these, no rubbing around the top.
legs facing forward wearing fishnet tights and pink cat print ankle boots with contrast red metallic toe
Irregular Choice Delicate Diamond ankle boots on foot
legs wearing pink cat ankle boots with red bow and cuff detail
pink diamond shaped heel ankle boots being worn
back of diamond heel ankle boots with Irregular embroidery
Irregular Choice Delicate Diamond fit review
feet wearing cat print ankle boots with red details and bow
embroidery up back of ankle boots saying "irregular"
holding pink cat ankle boot with diamond heel in front of shoe shelves
close up of red metallic pointed toe on ankle boot
close up of cat print on uppers of ankle boot
close up of pink diamond shaped heel on ankle boot
close up of irregular embroidery on centre back of ankle boots
pink and red and green and gold cat ankle boots with diamond shaped heels comparison

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.