Tuesday 3 May 2022

Day 1239 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Shoot For The Stars
Shoes: Shoot For The Stars | Irregular Choice 

Today I have another style from AW21, after my Little Red Riding Hood inspired ankle boots last week, from the same season. Shoot For The Stars grabbed my attention when they launched, but unsure of how practical they'd be for me, I didn't buy them. I kept going back to them and decided to take the plunge recently at a very good sale price. They came in 2 colours and I had the option of both. Initially I was drawn to the more green pair (you know me!), but it wasn't until I saw 'real' photos of these that I realised how green and blue they were too.  The lightning bolt on this pair, have a mirrored finish with printed stars.  The colour flips between bright green and blue in the light, often with purple in between, which you'll see throughout my photos.  Sometimes it's both colours at once (in different parts of the bolt), but if you look at the shot taken from behind or the second photo below, it's completely blue, but the 6th image shows them totally green.  It's quite spectacular in person too.  The other style was more of a textured metallic green that also turns purple/blue in the light, with a mirrored gold trim.  The black here is a little boring, but it lets the star print shine in my opinion.  The uppers are glitter on both, slightly darker here than the other pair and the trim around the top is green on those, but black here.  The heel has a triangular tip like Ban Joe or Nick Of Time, they are around the same height as Nicks I believe.  I was a bit worried they'd feel too low for me, but they're alright.  I also worried a lot about sizing, they just look like small, tight, squish your feet courts to me!  Not ever seeing shoes in the flesh, I have to play guessing games like this from photos online.  I bought them in my usual size 5/38 though and they are fine.  They're actually quite loose fitting in the heel, which I was surprised at.  

Now, the lightning bolt detail.  Okay, so it sits either side of the shoe and then joins once it gets further up your leg.  The very top point sits about 6 1/2" from the (top) back of the shoe.  It's pretty flexible, just the layers of material and lining, but stiff enough that it retains it's shape and stays upright.  When walking, the star shape at the very top actually gets further away from your leg and it already naturally sits out from my leg a little.  It can and does poke occasionally, but it doesn't bother me like I thought it would.  I maybe didn't wear the most sensible tights, but the little spikes from the bolt that kind of feather around the sides of the front of the foot, caught on my tights (spikes went through the holes).  Probably wouldn't happen with solid tights, but they are another jaggy bit to watch out for.    

My worry to be honest is this star shape at the top (if you can call it that) catching my hems.  I don't wear short dresses (it's howked up here for photos) and when it was down, I tried to let it get caught and the star points actually took quite a grip at times, so that does concern me.  The other thing for me is, will these work in the wheelchair?  You already have that awkward star on the heel, which would get bent/misshapen in the straps on the foot pedals, but sitting, I feel the star is more of an issue poking into your leg and I'm not sure if it would interfere (get bent) with the framework of the chair.  These were my main reasons for not buying right away.  It's not an immediate issue, as this blog is the only place I wear my shoes nowadays unfortunately, but it's definitely something to think about.  

I'm also not even going to attempt to try and fit these onto a shelf (height issues), they're carefully repacked in their box!  They make me think of Jem And The Holograms, very flashy!     

Wearing: Star fishnet tights, Primark (old). 
Fit: 3 3/4" heel, no platform. Top of lightning bolt sits 6 1/2" above back of shoe. Slip on.  Bought in my usual size 5/38, big in the heel area. 
Comfort:  See above.  
wearing Irregular Choice Shoot For The Stars glitter courts
wearing star fishnet tights with glitter courts with lightning bolt detail up the side
wearing silver glitter shoes with blue and green star print lightning bolt up leg
Irregular Choice Shoot For The Stars AW21 glitter shoes
back of legs in silver glitter courts with lightning bolt detail up leg and star on heel
wearing glitter shoes with green and blue star lightning bolt detail on leg
wearing Irregular Choice lightning bolt heel shoes
wearing black/silver Irregular Choice Shoot For The Stars
Irregular Choice Shoot For The Stars shoes on wooden floor
close up of blue and green mirrored star print on side of shoe with shoe shelves in background
tip of lightning bolt on shoe with shoe room in background
close up of sequin and star detailed heel on shoe with shoe shelves in background
close up of silver glitter toe of court shoes with shoe room in background

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.