Tuesday 26 April 2022

Day 1238 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Little Red ankle boots
Shoes: Little Red | Irregular Choice 

Last week I shared the very Easter looking Hop To It from several years back and today I have something a little more recent, from AW21. I personally love this heel. It's a very old shape which was reintroduced about 5 years ago and continues to be used in the current collection on the likes of Fleur de Lis and Go Fish. There's been a slight modification, in that the curves are more pronounced now, which only makes it better in my opinion. The inside edges of the heel tip though are actually rather sharp, so be careful on textured (looped) rugs or carpets, that you don't get hooked and caught up in it. Unfortunately I haven't liked any of the styles this heel has featured on recently, so I was really happy when these launched as part of a Little Red Riding Hood collection.  They came in a darker black colourway and I preferred the larger check on the heel of those.  However my pair, called "chocolate", have the wolf in pink rather than dark teal satin and in my mind that's more true to the colours in the fairy tale.  I also felt like the tartan uppers weren't as noticeable on that pair as they are here.  The smaller checked trim and heel here though make them a bit busier.  

On one foot, you have "Grandma" wolf in bedclothes with "what big eyes you have" embroidered in gold and then "what big ears you have" on the boot with Little Red Riding Hood in her velvet, hooded cape.  I think the text is really beautifully done.  There's lacing up the front, which you can adjust, but the boots have a full-length zip, so that's how you take them on and off.  I made no adjustments to the lacing and you can see from most angles, they aren't designed to fit close against the leg, there's a gap at the top.  

I was really worried about sizing, I got it in my head they'd be a small fit, but they aren't at all.  They fit me really well in my regular size 5/38, so are probably on the generous side as I'm more between a 5 and 6 currently.  I'd stick with your regular size.  I find this heel supports the foot well and no platform is needed.  The boot is quite stiff around the cuff, though I didn't note any rubbing in the short time I wore them for these photos.  I have a feeling I'm going to find the colours and prints in these difficult to style, I was struggling just for interesting tights or socks options for these photos.  I really like them though, I'm glad I managed to get them in the sale.  

Wearing: Brown floral tights, gift from my Mum from Madeira (old). 
Fit:  3 3/4" heel, no platform. Front lacing, but full length inside zip to get on and off.  True to size on me in my regular size 5/38, so maybe slightly generous, but I'd stick with your usual size. 
Comfort:  No issues in the short time I wore them, comfortable heel.
wearing tartan ankle boots with Little Red Riding Hood wolf on side in pink bedclothes
wearing lace up tartan ankle boots with pink tongues and green laces
wearing tartan ankle boots with Little Red Riding Hood applique girl on side
wolf ankle boots with what big eyes you have embroidered in gold thread
wearing tartan ankle boots with what big ears you have embroidered in gold thread
tartan ankle boots with small checked curved heel from back
Irregular Choice Little Red
wolf applique on side of ankle boot, close up
Little Red Riding Hood applique figure on side of ankle boot, close up
close up of side toe of ankle boot with gold embroidered text
Irregular Choice Little Red zip fastening on side of boot
Irregular Choice Little Red checked fabric heel, close up
curved gold heel tip of boot close up

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.