Tuesday 12 April 2022

Day 1236 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Pixie Dust
Shoes: Pixie Dust | Irregular Choice 

A right oldie for you today. These super high platforms debuted for AW13 with various uppers. Marble Moose, Toffee Splatter and Antonella, I've shown here before. Tic Tac Toe, I've never owned (they seriously grew on me, I wish I did have them) and I don't know why Pixie Dust haven't appeared here until now, as I've had them all this time. They also came in green, I don't think there was a big enough contrast between the two to justify owning both. MM however came in three very different colourways that I'd happily buy all of! Platforms are big news this season and next, judging from the catwalk and although IC have never been one to follow trends, I'd love to see something high from them again. There's an abundance of mid heels and flats these days, flatforms are as close as we seem to come to anything high (and I can't walk in those).  I know these look daunting, but they are extremely supportive and the big platform means the foot isn't too elevated inside. It's a really sturdy and solid heel to walk on. I'd still tread carefully on uneven ground, but on flat surfaces if you're accustomed to wearing any kind of heel, these shouldn't be an issue for you. 

As for sizing, I don't really have anything to add to my previous posts of similar styles. This shape is very true to size for me (in my regular size). Something I have noticed with these styles though is that the strap isn't overly long, nor does it have a lot of hole options. You may need to punch another one in there. That said, the buckles are such a pleasant experience to fasten and unfasten compared to styles over the past few years. The strap is wide, but not too thick, so goes in easily, which I appreciate.  There's no rubbing from the front section and my toes fit neatly inside the sandal without pushing forward and hanging over the open toe. It's been a long time since I've tried any of these styles on and I couldn't access them today (these photos are old), but I think I've remembered all this correctly! 

I really love the applique animals and flowers and the blanket stitch trim is something a bit different. Plus polka dots always get a thumbs up from me! I'm not sure if you can see in these photos (actually you can in the very bottom one and the second one below), but the heel has a curved edge (the side sitting under the instep). All of the above mentioned styles had this.  My only fault and it's minor is this gold metallic lining frays terribly.  You always find little threads sticking out (or on your floor).   

Wearing: Floral print tights, Primark (old). 
Fit: 6 1/2" heel, 2 1/4" platform. Adjustable buckle fastening on strap.  True to size in my usual size 5/38, strap/hole fastenings may come up quite short for wider feet.   
Comfort:  No issues with these, so long as you can handle the height.    
wearing floral tights and Irregular Choice platform sandals
close up on foot of Irregular Choice applique and embroidered platform sandals
front of legs in floral tights wearing Irregular Choice polka dot platforms
side of legs wearing polka dot platforms with flower detail and embroidery and applique animals
back of legs in floral tights and high heeled platform sandals
legs on wooden floor wearing high heeled platform shoes
Irregular Choice Pixie Dust shoe on wooden floor
close up of platform on shoe with applique cat and embroidery details
close up of applique, embroidery and blanket stitch on shoe
close up of black felt flower on toe of platform sandal
close up of curved high heel in polka dot with applique animal and embroidery

4 comments :

  1. Gemma, I'm so happy to see you're still blogging. I've thought of you often & miss your posts brightening up my feed. I hope you're keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aideen, so lovely to hear from you. I needed a break from SM, turned into longer than I thought, but at the moment I'm not missing it. I'm enjoying blogging again instead of tiring myself out trying and failing to blog and deal with Instagram and FB too. Mentally, I was so tired of it. Hope you're well x

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!

    I started reading your blog back in 2004. I can't believe you're still going!! I got chronically Ill and have been absorbed in my own life for the last 9 1/2 years. I'm just so glad to see you're still being you and I'm happy to finally be in a place where I'm going back to my love of dresses and shoes and makeup. Love you ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, yep still at it! Glad to hear you're doing better and more like yourself. I'm probably worse now (health wise) than when I first started blogging. I didn't get out the house much in the past 6 years or so, but other than vaccines, I haven't been out in over 2 years now, so makeup and fancy outfits are a distant memory! I still love all that stuff, it's just harder to justify buying it, when I don't get out. It'll be 20 years this June since I first fell ill, which is horrible to think about x

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.