Tuesday 5 April 2022

Day 1235 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Trixy shoes
Shoes: Trixy (blue/teal) | Irregular Choice 

Last week I shared the newest variation of gold-heeled Trixy unicorn courts and today I have the pair I was even more intrigued to see in person.  The reason being, these have a brand new coloured heel.  Still mirrored metallic, but in a bright turquoise.  It's totally my type of colour, so I was instantly attracted to it from the teaser (without even seeing the uppers).  The uppers are very matchy, which isn't always my jam, but there is a slight contrast between the blue base colour and the more green shade of heel and floral design.  Pattern placement will obviously vary between each pair.  I really like the outer side of my right shoe (above), the left is a bit more sparse (3rd image below) and both inner sides are very patterned, with the left shoe barely having any blue peeping through.  

I have green across both toes, one with a little blue gap, but they look alright together.  The bow on these are mainly greens and silver glitter with bits of red thrown in and in differing sizes and shapes.  I'm not keen on the white base showing through in parts, I wish the glitter had more coverage.  I'm not usually particularly fond of coloured heel tips, but I actually like the blue here contrasting with the heel and both matching up to the rest of the shoe.

Sizing was much the same as last week (remember my original Trixy pairs are a size up, 6/39 and my Paint unicorn heels (same shape) a size 5/38).  They felt small to begin with, my toes were curling under, but by second try-on, they had loosened considerably.  These socks aren't the thinnest, but I comfortably managed to wear them and actually in some photos (none I ended up choosing), you could see a gap at the back or my heel was slipping out of the shoe, so they do loosen quickly and especially in that area.  Now I can put them on without my toes feeling scrunched, so I'm happy with this size.  Again, the heel is one of the higher characters with just a small concealed platform, but has a wedge like shape so is comfortable to walk on.  

I ended up deciding to keep the pair from last week.  I liked them too much and they're so different to this pair and even my black/gold original Trixy.  After these and the Poker Joker dice boots, is there another special character heeled style you'd like to see make a comeback in a new colour/pattern?  

Wearing: Green glitter stripe socks, gift from my Mum (old).  
Fit: 4 1/2" heel, concealed platform 3/4". Slip on. Small in my usual size, but loosen quickly with wear.  Bought a 5/38 (my original Trixy pairs are a 6/39, the Paint Your Own heel variations I have in 5/38's). 
Comfort:  The wedge heel is easy to walk on, though the height may deter some.
wearing floral teal shoes with glitter bow and socks
wearing Irregular Choice teal Trixy
legs in glitter ankle socks with blue and green floral shoes with turquoise unicorn heel
back view of legs wearing metallic unicorn heeled shoes
close up of unicorn heel character shoe with glitter socks
Irregular Choice Trixy unicorn heel shoes
Irregular Choice Trixy
close up of green and silver glitter bow on front of shoe
close up of teal mirror metallic unicorn heel on shoe
close up of back of turquoise unicorn heel on shoe
Irregular Choice Trixy new SS22 colours

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.