Tuesday 24 August 2021

Day 1207 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Hello Kitty themed tights and boots with Kitty shaped heel
Shoes: Playing Dress Up | Irregular Choice x Sanrio 

So, this week I have the first of my Irregular Choice Sanrio footwear buys from the collection that launched recently.  I've written a summary of the items I bought and my first impressions over on Pink Haired Princess and I was slightly critical of these boots.  They were a style we saw in the previews and I thought a pair, I'd definitely keep, but when they arrived I wasn't so sure.  Having properly tried them on for this post, I've changed my mind yet again, I really like them! Isn't that typical?  Shape and fit wise, I find them pretty similar to the Sleigh Ride boots from last Christmas.  A bit roomy all over, so if between sizes, opt for the smaller like I have (my usual 5/38).  I don't think they are roomy enough to completely size down from your regular size though.  They're quite a soft boot, the cuff isn't tight around the top and there's plenty of room in the foot part.  I didn't have any issues zipping them up-I often find boots tight across the wider part of my foot, but not with these.  The zip is almost full length, it does stop at the scalloped section, just above the instep, which you can see in some of my photos below.  The heel incorporates the Kitty figure into it and has a large tip, so they are pretty easy to walk on if you're used to higher heels and there's the usual small concealed platform.  

On one boot you have Hello Kitty and on the other, a wardrobe with clothes in it!  The wardrobe has been well thought out with a transparent pocket behind the doors and the doors fasten with Velcro in multiple areas, so they remain shut even with movement at the ankle.  I expected that boot to feel a bit bulky or awkward, but have to be honest and say, it didn't.  I don't think it looks particularly odd in the photos either.  The outfit I dressed Kitty in, was one of the ones I was most sure about sticking.  There's one head piece that's quite large, so flops about a bit and I didn't bother putting one of her bags in her hand.  I didn't hear the Velcro lifting on the outfit at all, so it appears to stick pretty well, but it may be a different story outdoors.  I found them very gimmicky initially, but now...well, they are pretty functional!  The creasing I mentioned in that other post, hasn't gotten worse, but it happened literally just by slipping my foot in.  I hadn't even stood up yet, so there's no way of avoiding that.  The lighter section at the front is really pearly in the flesh, with a greenish sheen, I'm not sure the camera picked that up.  The bows on the front and at the top of the boot are fixed, just if you thought they were removable too like the clothes.  There's a photo at the bottom of the shoes I bought from this collection, I definitely have some thinking to do about what to keep.           

Wearing: Best Friends Tights, Irregular Choice x Sanrio (current). 
Fit:  4 1/2" heel, 1/2" concealed platform.  Inside zip opening.  Slightly roomy all over, not enough to fully size down, but opt for the smaller size if between sizes.   
Comfort:  I found these easy to walk in with no rubbing anywhere.  The wardrobe remained shut with movement and didn't feel awkward.  
wearing blue polka dot boots with pink Hello Kitty bow across toe
wearing Hello Kitty patterned tights and matching boots
wearing blue polka dot boot with dress up Hello Kitty figure and shaped heel
wearing Hello Kitty blue polka dot boot with wardrobe detail on side
front view wearing polka dot boots with Hello Kitty bows
wearing patterned Hello Kitty tights with blue spotty ankle boots with pink bows
side view wearing blue spotted ankle boots with zip and wardrobe detail on side
wearing ankle boots with Hello Kitty shaped heels
Hello Kitty character heeled boots being worn with bright Sanrio tights
wearing Irregular Choice Sanrio Playing Dress Up boots
Hello Kitty ankle boots lying on wooden floor
Hello Kitty spotted ankle boot held in hand with shoe shelves in background
spotted ankle boot held in hand with wardrobe detail on side and shoe shelves in background
Hello Kitty shaped character heel on boot in front of shoe room
side view of chunky Hello Kitty shaped heel on shoe
close up of tow of boot in blue with pearly contrast and pink bow
open wardrobe on side of ankle boot with Hello Kitty clothes inside
colourful sole of shoe in Hello Kitty Sanrio design
selection of Sanrio irregular Choice shoes on floor

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.