Tuesday 18 May 2021

Day 1194 - Shoesday Tuesday

close up wearing pointed toe red sequins shoes with embellishment and multi coloured straps and buckles
Shoes: Red Sequins AW17 | Dolce & Gabbana

Hi gang, how are you all this week?  No IC today, these are a pair of shoes I bought last year for my birthday.  If you follow my other blog, Pink Haired Princess, you'll know I buy a special pair of shoes for my birthday each year.  Seeing as I turned 40 last year, I decided to space it out throughout the year and bought 4 pairs.  These were the final pair I got and a style I've had my eye on for a long time.  They are from the Autumn/Winter 2017 collection, which featured a lot of these multi-buckled, embellished and sequin designs.  The ruby red is such a pretty, classy colour in real life and the sequins are tiny and layered for a textural effect.  The toe, although pointed, is quite short, so there may be some pinching in that region as they narrow.  I'm not a fan of really elongated pointed toes, so I like that these are a bit stubbier.  Even with all those pearls and jewels on the front, it's the buckles and straps that really make these shoes for me.  Each one is different and attached differently (when you see them from the side).  I can get away with keeping the purple velvet one fastened when slipping the shoe on and off and just do up the other two.  I felt I was maybe a little bit in between holes, one felt a little loose but the next would be too tight.  They look fine when I see them here.  The heel feels really supportive as it widens underfoot and even the base is relatively chunky, so they're easy to walk on.  I generally find Dolce & Gabbana shoes a little small, so I sized up in these, just a half size (38.5) and the fit is much better.  Length feels alright, just that narrowing in the toe, but the rest of the shoe doesn't feel narrow to me.  

It's my birthday next week, in many ways this year has gone by fast.  I feel I haven't been 40 for very long, but then again my actual birthday seemed like ages ago.  I haven't yet bought birthday shoes for this year; those wings cleared me out last week, so it might have to wait a while!  I'd rather hold off for something special anyway, as I don't have my eye on a particular pair just yet.  What do you think of these?

Wearing: Jewelled fishnet tights, Primark (old).   
Fit: 4 1/2" heel, no platform.  Easy to fasten, adjustable buckles on all three straps, I can get away with just unfastening the top two.  Bought a half size larger as I usually find D&G run a little small and narrow.  These fit pretty well, a little narrow in the toe, but even just getting that half size larger seems to have helped in fit.  
Comfort:  May pinch in the toes a bit, nice supportive heel.  
wearing fishnet tights and red sequins designer shoes with pearls and jewels
red sequins shoes worn with fishnets from back
wearing red sparkly shoes with multiple straps and buckles
wearing Dolce & Gabbana AW17 shoes
wearing Dolce & Gabbana AW17 red sequins shoes
close up wearing red sequins shoes with multiple straps and buckles and embellishment
red sequins shoes with embellishment on wooden floor
close up of multi material straps and buckles on straps of Dolce & Gabbana shoes
close up of pearls and jewels on toe of red sequins shoes

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.