Thursday 6 June 2019

Day 1155 - Shoesday Tuesday

side view of legs wearing lilac deer heeled shoes in green glitter with yellow straps
Shoes: Irregular Choice Fantastic Fawn 

Hello! Haven't had a Shoesday post in a long time (April actually)!  If you follow my Instagram or have seen my posts on Pink Haired Princess, you'll know I fell instantly in love with the most recent Irregular Choice collection.  It was called Family Reunion and was basically a bunch of the oldest character heels remade in completely different uppers with some of the heels updated in new ways too.  So, I thought I'd work my way through my haul with fit reviews, starting with my most favourite pair (yep, I've mentally ranked them), Fantastic Fawn. 
The heel has been notably updated since the last time we saw the fawn and I love it in lilac with hearts and flowers and glitter on the bow.  The entire shoe is just an absolute sunny dream combination.  That colour of green glitter, if I could marry a colour or glitter, it would be this stuff and we'd live happily ever after.  It's perfect, absolutely perfect.  You have this mesh (not too stiff, not too floppy), which you can see toes through if you're looking closely, but it's not super transparent.  It has a beautiful lattice patterned glitter detail over the top, so it looks like a garden trellis.  The whole shoe is a summer garden theme, hence that beautiful green glitter being the grass.  I should've started with that, but got carried away with my beautiful glitter!  On both sides of the shoe, you've got applique flowers, bees and butterflies (mostly with a patent finish) and a pink (hairy) deer at the base of the T-bar.  The T-bar is covered in fake flowers and I only just noticed yesterday that some have little pearls in the centre. 

Turn around to the back and there's a large sun with a happy face, very Momiji or Shopkin like!  There's also little satin, ribbon roses dotted around the shoe.  The strap is relatively skinny and not as thick as some in the past (for getting through the buckle).  The buckle is flower shaped and metal-I was fearful at first that it was plastic and might not wear well.  There's three hole fastenings and although the strap is generous, there could be more holes.  I feel they don't start until quite far in and then come in quick succession. I had it in the middle hole here, but it was tight.  Not cutting off the blood circulation, but I think if I'd encountered steps, it would've gotten interesting!  I'd fasten it looser next time I think.  Size-wise, I opted for my usual 38 (bear in mind both my original deer heels were 39's though) and upon first trying them on, they were snug.  As you can see, there's is barely any front to these, just no toe whatsoever.  When I tried them on again yesterday for these photos though, they are already loosening up and feeling more comfortable.  Generally I found everything in this range quite snug, but likely not enough to size up.  I do prefer a snug fit over loose, so these are going to be fine on me.  I'm getting the exact same vibes I got from Waikiki last year, I just can't stop looking at them and want to wear them all the time.  I worry I might need back-ups and I'm in a wheelchair, so don't even wear down my shoes these days, but still, the fear is real!  I love how "happy" they are, like you just couldn't be sad looking at these.  Oh, I just love them ok, stop gushing!  I also got the matching clutch as a belated birthday present, but it also comes in a bigger bag and flats.  I can't understand why these styles haven't sold out already.  Seriously if you're swithering, go for it, they're gorgeous! 

Fit:  4 1/2" heel and 1/2" concealed platform (I felt last time it was more a 3/4" platform, it's hard to tell or could just be my tape measure}!  True to size, snug at first try, but will loosen.  Not much toe, so this is the area it's tight, but I didn't need to size up.
Comfort:  I don't know whether or not to take this category away as I'm not walking on the heels for a long time, it's difficult to tell, plus everyone has a different comfort level.  However, I suppose it's here to flag up any possible issues I see, not just from walking.  As I said in my post, a snug fitting at first, but will loosen and nothing is rubbing so far!   green glitter shoes being worn with pink fawn on front and flower tbar with pink fishnetsgreen glitter shoes with embellishment and applique details being wornlilac deer heel shoes with applique bee butterfly and flower embellishments being wornwearing shoes with deer heels and fun yellow suns at heellegs crossed with flower embellishments on shoesapplique garden shoes with flower buckle on strap and deer heels

7 comments :

  1. They're such happy shoes. The flowers up the middle are a gorgeous touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!!
    I have given up on IC heels only buying flats now but I might change my mind with these ones ^_^




    https://theglitterybat.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do come in flats too, which are almost as cute, obviously you just miss out on that heel and don't get the flower t-bar, but all the other details are there.

      Delete
  3. Great sizing advice - I also had the first fawn heels in 39, but was uncertain what to buy this time. You solved my problem. Thank you. ���� (and a snug fit is the best fit, I totally agree with you! Absolutely horrible feeling, when the shoes are too big.) Xx Pia (Instagramagical on IG)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about too big shoes? I really don't like that feeling! Straight out the box you definitely need to play around to straighten your toes, but they are quick to loosen up with each try on.

      Delete
    2. Also I love when people add their Instagram names to comments as often I either don't know or forget real names (or different usernames), but recognise an Instagram one.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.