Tuesday 28 August 2018

Day 1133 - Shoesday Tuesday

side angle of legs in Irregular Choice Tingle Tastic shoes and fishnet tights
Shoes: Irregular Choice Tingle Tastic

It's been a little over a month since my last post.  I'm daytime sleeping a lot and not feeling particularly motivated when I am awake, so I'm unable to commit to posting regularly, which gets me down sometimes.  It's to be expected, London was a huge thing and I've noticed if I do something now (like a small outing), it floors me, when pre-London it probably wouldn't have.  It'll just take time and honestly I was prepared to give up the rest of my year for having such an awesome time and fabulous experience. 
So onto the shoes, an absolute bargain I got a few weeks ago.  I'll be totally honest, whilst I do really like them, I wouldn't have bought them full-price because I already own Eros, which have a similar theme and if I had to pick, I prefer those.  White or in this case, ivory shoes aren't something I need to wear at all often, so I'm wary of buying them  When you see them for just over £30 and they retailed for £149 though, you don't question it!  Actually there's a lot of differences between the two styles, these are open toed, with a small platform and a slim heart heel when Eros were closed toe, singled soled and had the Abigail's Party stiletto heel.  Eros had a pearl heart detail across the toe, whereas these have a large bow.  It's the same material as the ankle strap, a snakeskin effect fabric with the pattern in gold, which is really pretty up-close.  The similarities are the pearl strap, loved that detailed last season and would happily have it on all my shoes and the feathers at the back of the shoe.  Remember Eros had large wings which were more the focus than the feathers, but here the fluff stands alone.  Now I'm in two mind about this heel and debated it a lot pre-purchase (there are several gorgeous styles with it this season).  I'm usually all for a concept or interesting heel, but this just felt a little too mainstream or unoriginal for IC.  It's the type of heel you see from cheap Chinese stores on eBay or Amazon and I expect more uniqueness from IC.  I usually love heart shaped things too, but it just doesn't excite me.  Now that I've seen them in person, I can't say it bothers me.  It feels comfortable and I think there's enough interesting elements throughout the rest of the shoe that it's not the sole focus.  It just blends nicely, which is fine with me.  I really love the uppers on all the styles with this heel actually. 

So sizing, I opted to go up a size because they were £70-80 cheaper than my usual and I was worried because I tend not to size-up these days.  However these aren't too bad at all.  Behind the bow is very hard and tight across the foot, it really digs in and leaves a mark quite quickly.  Similar to the Animal heels from Muppets, though I did mange to get away with those in my usual size.  Would the size 5 have been unbearably uncomfortable in Tingle Tastic? Perhaps.  There isn't a lot of extra length, although it's hard to tell if there's a gap at the heel with all the feathers and strapping at the ankle, but maybe my smaller foot has a slight gap.  As you can see from the photos, there's no extra length at the toes.  They are a little gapey down the sides, but I find this with a lot of styles even in the other size and here it's very slight.  The ankle strap and tightness across the front keeps them from even thinking about slipping off my foot, so I don't have any issues with that.  Also the strap and buckle fastening is great on these.  I usually find the heart buckles really awkward to fasten but the strap isn't heavily layered like normal, so it goes in effortlessly.  As with the other pearl strap styles, it fastens with lobster clasps to small loops of fabric either side of the back of the ankle. 

I've included a close up photo, so you can see the diamante detailing all over the uppers.  My only wish is the shoes had come in something more colourful, although in saying that, they would've lost that angelic quality.  What do you think, do you like these?

Wearing:  Gold fishnet tights New Look (old), leopard print dress Primark (old). 
Fit: 4 1/4" heel and 3/4" platform, adjustable buckle fastening on strap and removable pearl strap.  I bought the size-up and they fit pretty well (see above for more info).   
Comfort:  That bit behind the bow will dig into your foot, instantly, so will leave a mark.  I find the heel height very manageable.   straight and lifted leg wearing ivory satin diamante shoes with bowbent leg wearing heart shaped heel shoes with feathersback view of fishnet tights on legs with ivory feathered shoesback view of heart heeled shoes worn on feetclose up of fishnet tights and large snakeskin bow peep toe shoes with pearl strapClose up of foot with heart heeled shoe with feathers, diamante uppers and pearl strapclose up detail of diamante satin uppers on shoeflatlay of Irregular Choice Tingle Tastic feather and pearl ivory shoes

4 comments :

  1. What an absolute bargain! It's so lovely to hear from you! I love these fishnet tights too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a good price! I agree that they would have been better in a different colour but I think these would make good bridal shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.