Wednesday 5 September 2018

Day 1134 - Did I Let Go Of Your Hand For A Castle Made Of Sand

close up of foot wearing glitter heel less tropical marble printed shoes with black fluffy pom poms
Shoes: Blue Carni Val Irregular Choice 

Hello gang, how are you all today?  No Shoesday post yesterday as I was busy photographing the new fairy toadstool shoes (see initial snaps here) and I collapsed in a heap afterwards and slept all afternoon.  As much as I'd have liked to get the fit reviews up for those styles and for you to see (especially the boots) on my feet, there's no way I would've been able to stand for photos.  My legs were unresponsive!  So instead I have an outfit post today of a pair of shoes you've seen before.  I've decided to go back to doing outfit posts outside of my Shoesday ones and reserving Tuesday for never before seen here shoes.  I have enough of both to keep me going for some time! 
So this outfit was from a couple of weeks ago, I had to go to the dentist, never my favourite place.  I've been really struggling with body image the past few months, like really badly and this day was a bit of a turning point for me after hitting rock bottom a couple of weeks prior.  I actually felt nice, despite splattering foundation on my top (don't even know how I did that), having an unblended streak of bronzer, from contouring, above my eyebrow that nobody told me about and getting soaked in the rain so my curls dropped considerably.  I'm always running around last minute before leaving the house, so never have time for photos, so this is the frizzy aftermath you're getting today!

I've had this t-shirt for years and never worn it.  I do love Snow White, but has anyone ever checked if that's actually her brother she marries? He's very like her and dude likes his makeup!  Anyway, I thought it would be too big now, but I managed to get away with it.  It was very long though!  Normally I don't suit these high necks and would cut them lower, but it looked alright.  I looove this skirt, I wear it all the time.  Really, all the time!  I had the turquoise spotty one (freakishly wore it with these same shoes) which became too big and I knew I'd get a lot of wear out of a plain black one, so got it about a year ago in the size down.  It comes with removable braces which were far too long and not my style anyway, the high waist is something to get used to as it sits just under my bust, it's super high!  The cardi is also Collectif and very cute with the velvet heart on the back (tried to photograph that) and little heart buttons.  Their cardigans are usually very cropped but go perfectly with high-waisted items like his skirt.  The bag is new (been waiting a long time to save up for it) and absolutely adorable.  One of my favourite Little Mermaid scenes.  Although it's really flat I was surprised that it easily held my phone, tissues, mirror and lipstick.  I added even more Disney with this gorgeous MAC blush.  I'm finding blushers aren't bright enough for me just now, I like a strong pop of colour rather than a subtle sheen and this one is really bright, although it didn't really look it in the face shots.  What else? Oh the earrings, another item I could wear non-stop.  It's so difficult to find adult clip-on earrings and especially big hoops like this.  They have little diamantes all down one side too.  Finally the shoes are quite big on me.  I bought the size up at the time, which were a little roomy even then, but my feet have shrunk a lot and now I could definitely size down.  Last time I wore them with socks to pad them out a bit, but couldn't find the pair I was looking for this time, so had to go barefoot and they do gape all over.  Not really an issue when I'm in the wheelchair though. 

The dentist wasn't too bad, had to get a seal on one tooth (painless), but that's me for another 6 months.  No hygienist, yay!  Not an ounce of plaque anywhere as usual, so all this fannying around with TePe brushes and flossing etc I've been doing for years is working.  Just as well, the amount of money it costs!  We had a couple of things to get from the supermarket afterwards and I hadn't had any lunch, so had a lovely cup of tea and scone.  Probably not what to do straight after a dental appointment, but I ate with one side if that helps!     

Wearing:  Jessie jade heart cardigan and Mary black swing skirt both Collectif (old), Snow White T-shirt Primark (old), Kiss The Girl bag Danielle Nicole (current), limited edition shell hair clip ASOS (old) and gold clip on hoop earrings River Island (current).  Also shown, MAC powder blush in Bite Of An Apple (Venomous Villains collection, old) and Dior Backstage Summer Brush (limited edition, old). 
Fit:  4" heel and very small platform. Zipped back. I bought the size up, which are wide in the foot, a bit too long and a little big in the ankle.
Comfort:  I didn't suffer any rubbing around the ankle on bare legs, but wasn't walking any distance.  This heel is easy to walk on and just feels like an ordinary heel despite being cut-away. collage of 3 photos of full length curvy fashion blogger outfit in mirrorside view of face with pastel curly hair, hoop earrings, shell clasp and shoe shelves in backgroundFace with makeup, pastel pink curly hair, gold hoop earrings and shell hair clasp smilingholding up blue tropical pattern and glitter, fluffy pom pom shoe against white wallfront view of legs wearing black fluffy pom pom open toe shoesside view of hem of swing skirt with heel-less blue tropical glitter pom pom shoesDisney Danielle Nicole little Mermaid boat shaped handbag with dangling fishholding Disney little mermaid boat shaped bag up against face with pink curly hairbottom of legs wearing black skirt, pom pom shoes, holding Disney boat shaped handbagAriel & Eric kissing handbag with MAC blush and Dior brush sitting on top of heart backgroundmirror selfie showing black velvet heart on back of green cardigan

2 comments :

  1. You looked UTTERLY cute that day! What a darling outfit. I love all aspects of it- I always really liked these shoes when you shared them before- they remind me of Erstwilder brooches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished I'd stuck with my usual size as they are a little baggy on me these days, but I just couldn't part with them, I love them.

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.