Wednesday 6 May 2015

Day 1026 - Shoesday Tuesday

striped floral and lilac glitter ankle boots on feet
Shoes:  Pink 'Dolly Mixture' Irregular Choice

Ah ok, so this was supposed to be Shoesday Tuesday last week, but well, that never happened.  I've been so busy today that I almost ran out of time, again!  I'm sure you'll agree, it was worth waiting for though.
These could possibly be my favourite Irregular Choice shoes this season.  Unusual to have an ankle boot in a Spring/Summer collection, but there's no way I'd wait for colder days to wear these...oh wait, that would be our supposed 'Spring'!  Now the name confuses me, Dolly Mixture.  Those that have been long-time IC fans or readers of my blog, will know I already own a pair of 'Dolly Mixture' shoes by IC.  I don't know if it was an oversight (goodness knows how many thousands of names they've come up with over the years) or if they thought it was just too adorable not to use again.  Hopefully these being a 'boot' will avoid confusion with my other pair.  Now size wise, I did try the 5 (my regular size) and they were alright, but there wasn't much wiggle room.  My toes occasionally scrunched up a little when slipping them on, so I decided to try the size up.  There's very little difference between the two to be honest, so I'm glad I opted for the comfier pair.  There's too many beautiful details on these to pick out, but I especially adore the heart shaped eyelets and well florals, hearts and glitter always get the thumbs up from me, so combined in one shoe is heaven!  What do you think of these ankle boots?

Fit:  4" heel, lace up front.  Wider feet may find these a half size too small, so would probably benefit from sizing up.  
Comfort:  The 'demi' wedge heel seems easy to walk in, the tops may rub at the ankles at first.           peach hearts, striped floral and glitter trimmed ankle bootswearing lilac glitter demi wedge ankle boots

13 comments :

  1. These are great! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these! I wish my shoe size weren't an 8 because their boots tend to run small, I'd love a pair of these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah these are a wee bit snug, so I opted for the bigger size.

      Delete
  3. THESE ARE GORGEOUS. (That totally deserved all capital letters.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are amaaaaazing! I love IC and hearts, floral prints, glitter, boots! I know, they have so many names :) I have a pair of IC called "Can't touch these" and I always think of a 90s or 80s song, I don't know well! Good that you got the comfier size - I noticed that too, I tend to buy one size bigger now, because it turns to be better. Maybe Ic changed the sizes a bit? Before 5 was excellent, now I would wear 5.5 - as they don't have it, the only option is size 6!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes me too, I always sing that in my head when I wear those!

      Delete
  5. These are really nice- So pretty and feminine!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *thought* they'd used the name before. I've asked my sister if she'll get me these for my birthday - love them so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.