Tuesday 25 November 2014

Day 1004 - Shoesday Tuesday

Wearing Irregular Choice Lucky Lady pewter boots
Shoes: Silver 'Lucky Lady' Irregular Choice

With all the limited editions and 'character heel' releases these days, I rarely get to buy from the main Irregular Choice range (lack of money and space).  However, that doesn't mean I don't see anything I like, quite the opposite!  This season I had my eye on a few pairs of boots, which I always see as good investment pieces.  Winter feels like such a long period, that anything I wear during it will be well worn.  With IC not necessarily being 'trend' led pieces, I have boots from years ago that don't look out of place now, so whatever I buy will last a long time too.  I took advantage of a recent discount code then, to buy these Lucky Lady boots.
My first choice was the floral version, but they'd been sold out in my size size for weeks, so I went for the metallic pair instead.  The 'silver' are a lovely dark, crackled pewter shade (darker than they look above), with large, decorative, grey satin bows up the front and a side zip.  I found them really small, but eventually managed to get them on and zipped up.  The length was alright, but width was the issue.  They would perhaps stretch with wear, but they felt uncomfortable and there was such a struggle to zip them up that I'd personally opt for the bigger size.  Plus with them being winter boots, you'd hope to wear them with tights or socks and there was definitely no room for that.  As it turns out, I was lucky enough to win a brand new pair of the floral ones on eBay last week, in the bigger size, so I've returned these.  Had I not got the floral I'd have exchanged them for the size up, but it's too indulgent to get both just now.  I should probably admit to buying another pair of boots at the same time as these, so you'll see them very soon!  Do you like these?

Fit:  Just over 4" heel and inside zip.  Feel narrow and a little small.
Comfort:  I don't foresee any issues with the proper size.      Irregular Choice Lucky Lady pewter boot Irregular Choice Lucky Lady silver bow boots

6 comments :

  1. I love these, they look great in the metallic - in fact, I think I prefer these to the floral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. Definitely more versatile than the floral. I'll maybe get them after Christmas in the sale ; )

      Delete
  2. Those IC shoes are soooo pretty! I love all the bows! <3

    http://luniechan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, thankfully you don't have to untie them to get them on and off!

      Delete
  3. Love these and the ribbons are so nice! It's really hard to find a winter appropriate shoe that doesn't look completely boring :) and these are fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I want something non-drab to get me through winter!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.