Monday 2 January 2012

Day 553 - Happy New Year

Shoes: Green glitter 'Hysteric' ASOS

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been unwell this past week and haven't had the energy to go out or get dressed since Christmas day.  I've been huddled up in a warm, fluffy blanket watching cheesy films which always seem to involve dogs, New York and Christmas...why is that?  Anyway, yesterday I did get dressed, although didn't go anywhere-it was just so nice to wear makeup and sparkly shoes though.  My sister and her family came to visit and it was mayhem as usual, but lovely to see them all.  I decided this was my last chance for a very festive outfit and chose this gorgeous red lace dress, which turned out to be be much nicer in person than I anticipated from the preview pics.  The lace feels very delicate and this is actually a size smaller than I normally wear in Pearl Lowe but fits me perfectly.  I tried to get some full length shots again, but they didn't turn out as well as last time.  I'm purely using my mobile for taking pics right now, so the quality isn't that great unfortunately.  These green glitter platforms were supposed to be my Christmas shoes, but then I bought the Topshop pairs and wore them instead.  I hope you've all survived Hogmanay and are looking forward to the year ahead.

Wearing:  Red lace dress Pearl Lowe at Peacocks, black tights Primark, fox, frog and bunny rings Miss Selfridge, duck ring Topshop, earrings Mawi, belt gift.
Fit: True to size, adjustable buckle on strap, 1 1/4" platform and 5 1/2" heel.
Comfort: Didn't wear them outside, but didn't have any issues with them.

3 comments :

  1. Just a wee note to wish you a happy new year, I have only recently found your blog and I would like to thank you for introducing me to Peacocks, their dresses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deco Cat and a happy new year to you too-I'm so glad you're enjoying the blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the turquoise gliter! My favourite colour! If they weren't so high, I'd definitely love a pair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.