Thursday 9 June 2011

Day Four Hundred & Fifty - Hello, It's Summer!

Shoes: Turquoise 'Margaux' wedges Terry De Havilland

This day was one of the hottest last week, was it Thursday? I decided even although I looked like a crap that I would venture out. Beforehand, I couldn't take the mess in my room a moment longer and proceeded to rearrange my wardrobe (not something to be done on an extremely hot day I realise, but hey when the moment takes you..!). I was boiled (only made worse by my spring clean) and why is it when you go outside, you always get even hotter and never quite cool down again? Anyway, as the majority of the UK savoured that one hot day (surely not our entire summer?), I realised something....I can't hack the hot weather. I really can't! I'm clearly a snow bunny, or at least I like sunshine in moderation; I just don't like frying or melting or sweating in it! I can't even dress for summer, as any big boobed girl will sympathise with, strappy dresses are the enemy. I don't want my thick, ugly bra straps showing, so it's a cardi for me, always (fyi sleeveless dresses always gape at the underarms on me because the dress has to be big enough to fit across the chest but is always too big for my thinner arms, so no luck with them either). Then there's the leggings, my absolute staple (seriously, what did I wear before leggings?), ok, so I could be pushed to 'get my legs out' but they hadn't been shaved for a fortnight, so leggings it was. This outfit in no way promotes the sunshine, it's what I would wear any other day-I'm hopeless! However isn't the print of this dress glorious?

Wearing: Strappy beach print dress (can you see all the little people?), black cardi and leggings, palm tree sunglasses (which I bought on my most recent trip-like I needed more!) and cameo scarf all Primark.
Fit: True to size, adjustable buckle. 5 1/2" wedge heel and 1 1/4" platform.
Comfort: No issues with these.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.