Tuesday 29 March 2022

Day 1234 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice Trixy gold unicorn heels
Shoes: Trixy (gold, black/multi) | Irregular Choice

Finally something launched at Irregular Choice that I like! We've been seeing some older styles brought back in new colourways (remember the Poker Joker dice boots I showed you a couple of months ago?) and last Friday was the turn of the unicorn court shoe, Trixy.  There were two options along with matching Magic Pony handbags.  I bought all 4 items, the shoes sold out pretty quickly, but I'm undecided with what I'm keeping at the moment.  The bags are definitely going back, as I just can't justify them while I'm never leaving the house.  The other colourway of shoes, I was most excited about as they have a completely new heel colour.  I'm definitely keeping those, so you'll see them next week.  This pair, I'm not sure.  Sadly the heel is a colour we've already seen (I have the black and gold, gold heeled Trixy previously) and given my other style are also mainly black, I think do I need another pair?  Together, they look very different though (I've put comparison pics at the bottom) and with the black base, I just know I'd wear them loads.  

The uppers are black, sort of fuzzy mesh (like what the sequins on Paint A Bunny are attached to) and have rainbow coloured mini sequins (sewn on flat) in a checked pattern.  They look really impressive, even more so in photos than in the flesh.  On the front is a bright "Cadbury" purple bow, which really pops against the rest of the shoe (my other pair are black glitter and less impressive).

They are the same style as the unicorn heels you paint yourself, so I've included those in my comparison photos (the multi coloured gingham glitter and green sequins uppers).  Seeing as they were a more recent style than the original gold heeled and green/purple heeled Trixy, they were fresher in my mind size-wise and I initially felt this new style was smaller in comparison.  They crushed my toes (my toes wanted to curl under), but even trying them on for a second time, they'd loosened up considerably.  That said, you might recall I bought the Paint shoes in a 5/38, whereas my original unicorn heels were a size up (6/39), as I used to always need a bigger size in early character heels.  This shape of court tends to get very loose in the heel for me, quickly, so any bigger and they just slip off, so I think the smaller size are the right thing for me.  Like I say, I can already feel them being less cramped than the first time (my toes weren't crushed here).  The split V front, often looks like it's digging into the skin, causing pain, honestly I never feel it.  You can usually adjust it, once inside the shoe, but I feel to others it looks uncomfortable when really it's not.  I think they make my feet look tiny, as there's hardly any front to them.  

Heel; this is one of the higher characters, but the wedge like shape makes them easy to walk on as there's a nice large base.  There's no little intricate bits in this heel to worry about knocking off, though the noses can get scratched if you're sitting against something, so remember that.  I was struggling a bit with my first try on, just because I'm so unaccustomed to wearing shoes these days and very weak/out of shape at the moment, but I felt more confident walking in them the second time.  

I think I'm leaning more towards keeping them than not, but then again, I don't know if I'm keeping them for the sake of it and getting over-excited at seeing something high heeled and a style I actually like for once.  They are very different to the other pair that launched, shown below and I found a good handbag match, which I've also photographed below.  It's the Hippokampos bag from a couple of years ago, in the darker colourway.  I just spied it in the shoe room and thought it looked like a good match, considering it has the rainbow handle and trim but the dark base.  So if you can't stretch to the new Magic Pony and already have this, it's a good alternative (if you don't mind mixing your seahorses with unicorns).  All bags and shoes are exclusive to IC, so only available on their website and in their stores (Carnaby Street and Brighton here in the UK).  Oh, also they are classed as SS22, but actually the lining and dog box are from last Winter.  The soles, because they are an Iconic style (a repeat style), are the floral/bee print.    

Wearing: Metallic gold fishnet tights, New Look (old). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel, concealed platform 3/4". Slip on. Small in my usual size, but loosen with wear. 
Comfort: The wedge heel is easy to walk on, though the height may deter some.
front of legs in purple bow sequins court shoes with fishnet tights
wearing Irregular Choice Trixy gold metallic unicorn heels
back of legs wearing gold metallic unicorn heeled shoes
wearing new Irregular Choice Trixy SS22 character heel shoes
black multi sequins court shoes on floor with gold unicorn shaped heel
shoe in hand with gold metallic unicorn heel and shoe shelves in background
purple metallic bow across toe of shoe, close up
Irregular Choice Trixy rainbow sequins uppers close up
Irregular Choice Trixy gold metallic unicorn heel close up
unicorn heel base on shoe
Irregular Choice Trixy SS22 2 pairs
circle of bow toed court shoes in various colours and materials
circle of bow shoes in various colours and designs
Irregular Choice Trixy and Hippokampos bag

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.