Tuesday 14 July 2020

Day 1169 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing care bear calf length boots with printed care bears tights
Shoes: Full Of Cheer | Irregular Choice (Care Bears) 

Another Care Bear style for you this week from the recent Irregular Choice launch. These boots, like the Kingdom Of Caring shoes last time, were one of the few items we saw previewed before release and I knew I definitely wanted them.
The only slightly negative thing I have about them is the heel. While I don't dislike it, it's just not very exciting. The traditional carved perspex heel would've looked amazing or even the star shaped or heart filled ones would've fitted well with the Care Bears theme I think. The boot itself is interesting enough, that I don't pay much attention to it though. The boot shape is similar to Rowena's Luxovious, which I've previously reviewed. The fit is almost the same, maybe ever so slightly tighter on the CB style. Both have a looser fit in the shaft and I've included a photo of the gap between the cuff and my leg, below. I'm at my largest just now and have noticed my legs are chunkier, so that's something to bear in mind. I felt them a little tighter (at the top of the rainbow on the front) wearing them with these thicker tights as opposed to the really thin ones I initially tried them with. It's by no means tight (there was no struggle to get the zip up or anything), but I felt it, when I didn't previously. The materials here are a little stiffer than the Luxovious boots and there's the addition of the padded rainbow section too, so that's probably why.

In the foot they are true to size, if anything erring slightly on the generous side and I bought these in my usual size (38/5). They sit mid-calf, have a full length inside zip and I didn't note any friction against the leg with the top of the boot (like I often do). The heel is solid and chunky, so easy to walk on and there's no platform on these. This is totally how I'd wear them in real life, with the tights in a similar print to the upper material. They are such happy boots (as was all of the CB collection), my favourite bit is the toe detail with that furry sun and puffy rainbow. Cheer Bear is adorable too and super soft! I still have another couple of shoes from this range to show you and will start on my 'proper' reviews over on Pink Haired Princess soon.

Wearing: Flower Tights Irregular Choice Care Bears (current).
Fit: Just under 3 1/2" block heel. Full length zip. True to size, if slightly generous in the foot. Not tight across the foot like a lot of IC boots are on me (in my usual size).  No need to size up. 
Comfort: So far don't foresee any issues with these, no rubbing, easy to walk on heel. legs facing forwards with patterned care bears tights and rainbow and fluffy sun calf bootsside view of legs in care bears boots with lucite ombre heelrainbow, brightly coloured care bears boots being worn with matching patterned tightsback side view of care bears boots with perspex heel and patterned tightslucite ombre heeled boots with care bears print and glitter and metalliccrossed legs showing inside zip on calf length care bears bootsrainbow sun patterned calf boots pink ombre lucite heeled boots with care bear appliquelegs on floor wearing care bears boots with sunny toe and rainbow detailrainbow and sun toed boots with care bear and umbrella applique detail Irregular Choice boots on foot with large pink Care Bear applique on side and lucite heelclose up of gap between boot shaft cuff and legCare Bears Cheer Bear boots with rainbow detail and lucite heelsclose up of rainbow and textured sun toe on boots

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.