Wednesday 1 July 2020

Day 1168 - Shoesday Tuesday

colourful fawn print tights with crescent moon shaped care bear heeled shoes with sun and rainbow on uppers
Shoes: Kingdom Of Caring | Irregular Choice (Care Bears)

Hello, feels like forever since I've written a shoe fit review here.  It all felt a bit alien yesterday taking photos of my feet again!  Between not really buying many shoes so far this year and not feeling able to try them on and contort myself to take photos (or sometimes write the blog posts), it's been quiet here!  However, last Friday IC launched their collaboration with Care Bears, which was right up my street and I indulged in all but one of the higher heels, so I have them all to review this month.  Starting with these, probably my favourites actually, Kingdom Of Caring.  I won't talk too much about the design details as I'll cover that in my main review on Pink Haired Princess, but I found these most comfortable out of all the styles.  Straight away, they just felt 'right' on me.  They are slightly generous in size, not enough to size down I wouldn't think, but if like me, you often sit between sizes, I'd go for the smaller.  I bought mine in a 38/5.


The star buckle didn't give me as many issues as the heart shaped ones do, but the busy print of the strap and it's lining makes it difficult to find the hole.  The strap tends to make it's way into the corners of the star, so you don't really need to pinch the sides to make it fit through (plus I think the star is just slightly bigger than the hearts tend to be).  I found the strap could've done with being a bit longer.  You really need to go far past the hole in order to get it in and I was really struggling even in the loosest one.  The t-bar moves along the strap, so you can adjust it so it sits centrally depending on which hole you're in.

The toe doesn't feel particularly narrow, I know a lot of people worry about that and size up because of it, but I didn't feel it was an issue.  I thought from stock photos it looked like they maybe had a very small concealed platform, as many higher character heels do, but I can't feel anything now that I have them here.  Now for the heel, a brand new concept and a very unusual one at that.  Off the foot, the shoe does look very long with this heel that you almost want to swivel around to sit under the instep.  It does sit out the back a bit, but I never once felt I got too close to the door in these photos.  I didn't scrape it or find myself worrying I would.  Sometimes I look at them and think it sticks out loads, but then I check from another angle and it doesn't look so bad.  I suppose a little caution is required, like with the flamingo heads, you do just have to remind yourself it's there (i.e. probably walk sideways down steps).  I'm not quite sure how I'll get on in the wheelchair with these and the strap on the footrest...going outside is a long way off for me though, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  It was hard to get an accurate height measurement because of the shape, but it's around 4".  Anyway I absolutely love these and even more so with these tights, the more colour the better!!

Wearing: Fawn tights Irregular Choice (old)
Fit: 4" heel, slightly generous in the foot (not enough to size down), but if between sizes, opt for the smaller.  Strap is quite short and/or needs extra holes.   
Comfort:  I found these the best fit and comfiest of all the styles.  A little caution is required for hard surfaces behind the heel, but it's a sturdy heel.  metallic rainbow toed shoes with tbars and care bears appliqueclose up of shoe on foot with crescent moon heel and care bears themeback view of care bear moon heel on colourful shoe worn with fawn tightscare bear shoes with rainbow toes worn with colourful tights by irregular choiceside back view of legs in colourful tights with care bear moon heeled shoesback view of care bear moon heel shoes worn with colourful rainbow tightsfawn rainbow tights being worn with colourful care bear shoesIrregular Choice Care Bear shoes with rainbow tights

3 comments :

  1. These are amazing and loving the tights :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooo gorgeous! I am living through you for this collection! I wish I could have something from it, they're all so magical!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.