Tuesday 7 January 2020

Day 1162 - Shoesday Tuesday

little mermaid water globe heeled boots on feet with patterned tights side view
Shoes: Irregular Choice Just Me And The Sea (The Little Mermaid) 

Happy New Year! Hope you're feeling rejuvenated after the break.  I've been struggling from doing a little more over the festive period and the 365 day challenge on Instagram took it's toll on me, as I tried to catch up on days I'd missed when I'd previously felt unwell.  It was all just too much in the end, but it's finished and I can concentrate on other things now (I'm very aware these days of only being able to do one thing at a time).  So, today I have the last of my Disney Princesses shoes to show you. 
Last time I shared the A Tale Of Enchantment boots from Beauty & The Beast (fit review here) and before that, the only shoes I got, Make A Splash from The Little Mermaid (fit review here).  Let's just dive straight into the sizing, which is pretty similar to both of those other pairs.  Snug, but I didn't size up.  I got the 5/38 in these and this curved wedge shape is similar to several other pairs I own, so here's a quick comparison/link to some as they all fit differently. Glissade very small even in a 6, Call Me Cinders still got a 6, roomier than Glissade, Maya size 5 tight in width, Santa's Globe quite roomy in the heel in a 5, You're Invited very small in a 5, had to size up to a 6 and even then, there's not masses of room and they're very difficult to get into.

I'd say you have the very slight advantage here of the uppers being less rigid than the Belle boots, but they are still tight across the foot, where I usually feel it in boots. The top part of the boot doesn't fit flush against my leg and as it's slightly flimsier I haven't noted any rubbing on the outer side yet. There's a full length zip and as usual this heel is very heavy. Actually these felt so much heavier (than the shoe version) when I took the boxes out on delivery. Other things to note; the coral glitter shade is neon in the flesh, but photographs much less bright. On the Ariel upper, her hair curls up above the top of the boot (ever so slightly) and both boots have a wavy top. The Flounder upper has the Ariel heel, the Ariel upper has Ursula in the heel and these are exactly the same as Make A Splash with the multi-coloured glitter particles inside. The fronts also differ slightly with Ariel's tail working it's way around from the side, but a large gold starfish and jewel across the other toe and the coral up the side. Both have pearl embellishments, multi coloured glitter and holographic bubbles appliqued on. 

Although the Make A Splash shoes were even nicer than I expected, I still think the boots just ever so slightly edge it for me. Overall I'm delighted with my 3 pairs anyway and the bags, let's not forget all the bags! I'm currently trying to see what I can move around in the shoe room to make space for these. As you know, my Disney IC cabinet is full and I still haven't found a home for several boots including Still The Fairest as the Evil Queen's crown is too tall, even on the top of my shelves. I actually need storage for my boots period, I just don't have room to give them in the shoe room. The whole room needs a tidy up now as I switched things about when I was midway through the challenge last year, so I had easier access to ones I hadn't worn. Now there's shoes in wrong boxes and some things on shelves, I'd rather were in my shoe chest and vice versa. I'll get to it when I get to it though, no use stressing! I'm trying to sort my life out this year, well, the parts I can, but at the same time not put so much pressure on myself to do everything when I know full well, I'm not capable of it.  I didn't expect to start the year so knackered, but that's the way it is, so I'll just do what I can.  I'm pleased I got this blog up and, big AND, I actually took proper photos of all these Disney bits (just Ariel and Belle), so I'm going to work on one at a time and see what I can get finished on Pink Haired Princess.  Those types of reviews are what I love doing and what I've most struggled with the past couple of years, so I want to make an effort to get back into it.

Wearing: Sea Dreams Tights (gifted) Irregular Choice (current).
Fit: 5 3/4" heel and 1 1/2" platform. Zip opening. Bought usual size, snug fitting especially at first, mostly tight across the foot rather than length.
Comfort: They are a very heavy heel, which after a short time can become quite tiring on the ankles, didn't note any rubbing in my brief try-ons. front of glitter platform ankle boots with sea theme and appliquewearing platform ankle boots with disney mermaid themeside view of legs wearing disney little mermaid tights and water globe heels with ursula and arieldisney the little mermaid themed boots with flounder applique and ursula and ariel water globe heelsankle boot with ursula water globe heel and ariel applique uppers worn with matching tightsback view of water globe heeled ankle boots being wornirregular choice disney sea dreams tights and just me and the sea ankle bootsclose up of ankle boot with mermaid ariel uppers and ursula globe heelclose up of irregular choice boot with flounder fish sea theme upper and ariel mermaid globe heel

4 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.