Tuesday 18 December 2018

Day 1148 - Shoesday Tuesday

crossed legs wearing furry pastel rainbow ankle boots
Shoes:  Irregular Choice Zodiac

The second I saw these boots online, it was a "need" moment for me.  I hadn't bought any of the planet boots earlier in the year that are similarly shaped.  I'd been slightly put off by the lower heel and they just didn't excite-excite me, but whenever I saw these, I was glad I waited as they are much more me.  Yeah they have that same lower end of 'high' block heel, but hey if you throw rainbow fur and glitter at it, I can overlook that!  Although I was desperate for them, I had no money, so kept an eye on them, then panicked when they only had one pair left in my size.  My Mum loved them too, so was willing to lend me money in the meantime (always a bonus if she likes them)! 
So the toe and heel are glitter, in a warm-ish pink, then there's zig-zag trim in a pinky-holographic back from that and across your heel.  It's smooth, but super reflective and shiny in the light.  Then the main uppers are completely covered in pastel, rainbow fur.  It's not that nice to touch, like you don't want to sit and stroke it all day like the lilac sides of the recent Bambi bag (I actually did this when I used it the other week) or the black Kir Royal (weirdly much softer than the mint), but it's thick so you can ruffle it and it really stands on end and stays there (I tend to like brushing my fur shoes the wrong way to make them even fluffier looking).  The pastel rainbow colours in it are just beautiful. 

As the fur is so thick, they do make your feet look big and I don't mean an increase in shoe size, just from the ankles down you resemble a giant unicorn.  That's a good thing in my book, but I'm well aware there will be people that hate these or find them just too crazy.  I had no idea how I was going to style them for this post, then after a rake through my tights drawer, I spied these and had a "yassss girl" moment.  How could I not have thought of these right away? They were made for each other. 

Size wise, they feel pretty generous.  Remember my Christmas boots from a couple of weeks back? Well they are the same shape and I found those really generous too.  I would say the furry ones maybe aren't quite as big in the foot, but maybe feel looser around the top.  Another couple of things to note, at first I tried to keep the fur out of the way when zipping these.  For these photos, I didn't bother and they zipped up fine.  The fur is also pretty good at not dragging on the floor or hanging over the boot shape.  Honestly, I'm so, so desperate to wear these, but given that I don't get out much, I feel I need to wear my Christmas shoes at this time of year, when I do.  These can be saved for the rest of winter.  Speaking of, I wore those Ginger's House boots last week.  Wow, I think they are my most talked about shoes yet, it was bonkers how many people commented on them.  I had people shouting across the street at me (often the most unlikely of people too), some actually walking into things for staring, it was crazy!  I wore my snow globe heels the other week and thought they would attract more attention or maybe it was because I wasn't at home (I think people here have become accustomed to me wearing weird things that they don't notice much now)!  Anyway, I'll see when I have time for those outfit posts, but for now, I'll leave you with my My Little Pony hooves!       

Wearing: Lady Daisy tights Irregular Choice (current). 
Fit:  3 1/2" heel, full length zip opening.  Generous in my usual size.  Maybe not enough to size down, an insole could help. 
Comfort:  I suspect the tops of these will rub, more at the back than above the ankle bone (where I usually feel it on IC ankle boots).  Solid base to walk on.    close up of feet wearing striped tights and furry ankle bootsrainbow fur ankle boots worn with striped seahorse tightsback view of pink glitter heeled furry ankle boots on feetside back view of pink glitter block heel ankle boots in pastel faux furside view of legs in striped unicorn tights with rainbow fluffy bootstilted leg wearing pastel rainbow ankle boots and striped seahorse unicorn tightscrossed legs showing zip on furry ankle boots on feettop view of furry rainbow ankle bootsclose up of foot wearing pink glitter, holographic and furry ankle boots

4 comments :

  1. Guh! I love these sooo much! I've been eyeing them on the Aussie IC site, and they went on sale but my size sold out :( I shall live you through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These absolutely crack me up! They are so funny- they make me smile so much! You are right about unicorn feet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'll forgive the shorter heel for the fact I have unicorn feet!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.