Wednesday 12 December 2018

Day 1147 - Well Way Up North Where The Air Gets Cold

wearing pink bow shoes with nude jewel fishnet tights and lace trim hem skirt
Shoes: Irregular Choice Savan swan heels 

No Shoesday this week, as I've got a lot on, so haven't had time to shoot anything new.  Instead I have an outfit for you from last New Year...well this year, you know what I mean.  I think you saw my Christmas outfits, but I never got around to posting this one.  We spent it at home, as we'd been at my sister's for Christmas, so it was quiet and I hadn't planned my outfit at all.  I can get a bit jaded of the Christmas thing once it's over (I love the run-up), so I think this was me saying "no more Christmas shoes and red and green"! 
You know I love the ASOS wiggle dresses, though this one is far from my favourite.  I wish they still made them in cotton with a little stretch like the good ol' days.  This is that scuba type fabric, that is stretchy and just meh.  Actually now I've lost almost all my wiggle dresses as they are too big and of course it's all the ones I love and I'm left with ones like this, that I don't really care about.  I rarely wear pink, don't know why, it's just not a staple in my wardrobe.  Wow, I'm really selling this outfit huh?  Underneath, I decided I wanted a lace petticoat showing.  This is actually supposed to be worn as a skirt, but the skirt part is a really dirty looking, dusky pink tulle.  It's grey in comparison to the lace section and I just couldn't imagine ever wearing it to be seen.  It's the lace hem that I adore and the reason I bought it.  It worked, kinda, it's a bit bulky around the middle because it is a full-ish skirt and I'm in a pencil dress and the scuba material doesn't compress the under-layer, but I loved the hem bit.  The belt was a thin veiled attempt at shaping and I know I sound like a broken record, but even my belts are too big for me now.  Well, I say "now", I'm quite a bit heavier than when these photos were taken, but I'm trying to get back on track (and doing it without stressing about it). 

I did like the yellow hair (Fudge Paint Box in Gold Coast) and this was one of my first attempts at straw curls, which I now can't live without.  The flamingo hair clip, I'd had for a while and it's absolutely beautiful and perfect with this outfit.  I find these nude fishnet tights less flattering on me than the black version, I don't know, there's just something a little frumpy about them (if I can say that about fishnets).  Likewise with the shoes, they don't flatter my legs I don't think.  I thought the same thing in my original review of them (worn without tights if I remember), but the swans, gosh, they are so cute.  Flocked too!  I just love their chubby cheeks and adorable faces.  I can't recall if they were comfortable or not...obviously I was just sitting around indoors, so it's not a great test really. 

Sorry, that post sounded a lot more negative out loud than I intended.  I don't hate the outfit, there's just room for improvement.  My skin though...I'm so jealous of my own self!  I've had a rotten year in the face department, it's just been break-out after break-out, but it's all glowy here and lovely.  So for this year, I haven't even given a thought to what I'm wearing.  My sister and co. are coming to us on Boxing Day, as they're spending Christmas with the other side and I'm not sure what's happening at New Year.  Nothing major, I'm sure!   

Wearing:  Painted floral wiggle dress, elephant clasp belt and flamingo hair clip, all ASOS (old), lace trimmed tulle prom skirt Miss Selfridge (old), nude jewel fishnet tights New Look (old). 
Fit: 4 1/2" heel and 1/2" platform. Pretty much true to size, nice wide toe area, though the front feels a little short. No need to size up though.
Comfort: Nice solid heel base to walk on. collage of OOTD pink floral wiggle dress with lace hem underneath and yellow curly hairFOTD pink lips and yellow curly hairyellow curly hair, pink flamingo hair clip, flicked eyeliner and pink lipslace hem showing with nude fishnet tights and pink swan heeled shoesclose up of pink flamingo hair clip in yellow curly hair

2 comments :

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.