Wednesday 14 November 2018

Day 1144 - Shoesday Tuesday

wearing Disney Dumbo bright tights and Dumbo ankle boots
Shoes:  I Give You...Dumbo! ankle boots, Irregular Choice Disney Dumbo

Hello! Feels nice, if a little strange, to get back into blogging after a week of doing nothing other than sleeping. I've been in so much pain lately and had another 48 hour migraine last week, which I quite honestly would've appreciated someone drilling a hole in my skull to release pressure, it hurt that much. Medication, sleep and rest did nothing to help, there was no escape and obviously blogging and the internet were the last things on my mind. I'm still trying to take it easy, thus this post has taken a little longer to write and I'm still a bit hesitant to get back into Instagram and Facebook. I also did a  bit of rearranging in the shoe room at the weekend, which nearly killed me, whilst sorting out some bits and pieces to sell on eBay (another thing I'm trying to get back into).  It's all been quite physically demanding and I'm pretty limited in that department these days. 
Anyway, back to shoes and the only other pair I bought from the recent Disney release(s).  Last time I showed you Bambi (Woodland Playtime), and these are a similar style with different detailing to represent the film. You may recall I said I was sent a size 39 in a 38 box, so this is my replacement and they fit perfectly. Really like a glove. I like to feel like my feet are being hugged in a shoe and these do that, it's very comforting. They also have a full length zip, unlike the Bambi ones, so they are easier to get on and off. Initially I thought I loved the Bambi pair more, but actually when I'm wearing these, I just adore them and think they might be my favourite. The mix of colours and trims and the unusual lime glitter toe make them quite different to anything else I have and I love that the frilled bit sticks out. It reminds me of the spats the lead crow wears in the film. I realise they aren't modelled on that, more the circus theme, but the way it splays out from the rest of the boot, gives me that vibe. The bunting dangling across the heels (saying "Love" and "Dumbo") is a pretty fabulous touch too. One boot has Timothy Q. Mouse to perfectly match The Big Act bag (which I also got) and the other boot, Dumbo.  All the circus tickets and ribbons in a rosette shape are such an unusual trim on a shoe and the character in the faces is spot-on as usual.  I've worn them here with the Dumbo tights, but I think they'd also look stunning against a sold colour as there's so much detail in the boot. 

I think I mentioned it last time, but if I didn't, I've decided not to individually review my Dumbo and Bambi purchases this time.  It's too much work for me and I'm not feeling up to it.  I'd rather concentrate on finishing other things I've photographed.  I'm a bit miffed about it, but relieved too.  I am going to be writing an update on my Disney cabinet of shoes in the shoe room.  Remember I moved them all into one unit?  Well, I had a couple of spare rows, that I've now filled, so the entire thing is Disney and it looks awesome.  I'm hoping to get that up over the weekend on Pink Haired Princess

Wearing:  Makin History tights Irregular Choice. 
Fit:  4" heel, full length inside zip.  True to size. 
Comfort:  Usually I find IC ankle boots rub the ankle bone, but I didn't feel this in the short time I had these on.   front view wearing pink star tights and black Dumbo ankle bootsleg tilted wearing Timothy Q Mouse applique ankle bootswearing Disney Dumbo Timothy Q Mouse ankle boot with patterned tightswearing Dumbo applique ankle boot with ribbons and glitterzip closure on Dumbo ankle bootsback view wearing Dumbo ankle boots with bunting detail dangling from heelric rac braid frilled ribbon and glitter toe on bootsclose up wearing Dumbo ankle bootclose up ankle boot with Dumbo face and bunting detail across heelTimothy Q Mouse applique face on ankle boot with colourful trimsclose up of circus tickets and ribbon rosette on ankle bootwearing boots with Dumbo bunting hanging across heelclose up of trims on ankle boot, glitter toe, polka dot ribbon, embroidery, ric rac braid

2 comments :

  1. I really like them! They are so fun, cute and different. The rosettes really make them special for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.