Wednesday 24 October 2018

Day 1142 - Shoesday Tuesday

Irregular Choice yellow Gonzo Muppets shoes with glitter stars
Shoes: Irregular Choice Muppets, The Great Gonzo 

I'm way out of my comfort zone in these shoes today, because they are...gasp...mid heels!  You know I loved The Muppets collection and I already have the Gonzo bag and purse to match these shoes (though more on that later).  I recently completed my Muppets collection by managing to find all the high heels and I extended this to mid heels too, because I loved the styles regardless of the heels.  The uppers on these are quite unusual in my collection, so that's why I was drawn to them.  Yes, I'd love them more if they were higher heeled, but I just wanted a pair of Gonzo shoes and they didn't come any higher, so I bit the bullet and got them. 
This 1980's style court is a classic from IC (see the latest Dumbo teaser in the same shape), which I've never bought before because of the heel height and I'm just not that into the heel shape and that 80's vibe.  The heel on this pair are actually quite interesting though, in fine cobalt blue glitter with a red cut out star.  The uppers are a bright yellow and there's differing stars across each toe.  "Gonzo" written on a blue star on the right foot and "The Great" on red on the left.  At the back of the shoe, you have an applique Gonzo face, with his 'feathered' head sticking up onto the ankle, which is really fun.  I can get used to seeing them from above and the front, I'm just not as keen on my legs from the side in these.  That said, they are bloomin' comfy!  They are mega padded and so many IC's gape at the sides on me, these actually fit nicely against my foot. 

Size wise, I find them true in length, I do think they are a narrower fit, but not enough to make me size up.  As I said, I already have the Daredevil bag and the material in that is a sparkling gold, the shoes are most definitely yellow.  I'm down with them not being matchy-matchy, as I could see me wearing these with the Animal Was Here bag or indeed a non-Muppets bag altogether, but I know some people like a spot-on coordinate!  I'd totally wear them with the tights I've worn here, they just make me want to pile on the colour.  Next week, I'm not sure if it'll be another older style for Shoesday or if something from my Bambi/Dumbo haul will have arrived.  It depends on how quickly they arrive and indeed if I actually manage to get what I want on the day!  I can't believe it's happening on Friday, it's just come around so quickly.  This year is speeding up actually, like what happened to September and October?  My sister would insert "Christmas is coming" here as she sings festive tunes to me and counts down daily.  It's exhausting living in a house with Christmas nutters! 

Wearing: The Muppets tights Irregular Choice.
Fit: 3 1/4" heel, slip-on.  True to size, a narrower fit than other IC's.  No need to size up. 
Comfort:  Really cushioned inside, not sure if that point at the front will be bothersome.  It rests pretty gently against my foot, so I don't think it'll dig in.   wearing yellow pointed toe court shoes with blue and red glitter stars and Muppets print tightsbent leg wearing yellow Muppets court shoesside view wearing Muppets tights and Gonzo yellow court shoesside back view of Gonzo applique head detail on shoesback view of glitter heeled Muppets Gonzo shoesback tilted leg showing Muppets painted sole on shoeback view of Muppets Gonzo shoesfeet together wearing yellow shoes with red and blue glitter starsclose up of Gonzo applique head on shoe

2 comments :

  1. I'm not surprised you eschewed your usual shoe-height prejudices to get these- they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to get accustomed to wearing this lower heel!

      Delete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.