Tuesday 16 October 2018

Day 1140 - I Would've Noticed A Gold Wedding Band, Diane

close up wearing black unicorn heeled shoes with holographic stars
Shoes: Black Eternal Friends, Irregular Choice

Hold up, how have I never worn these on the blog before? I checked back and I included them in the 12 Shoes Of Christmas post I did with Tomi back in 2015, but I can't find a separate Shoesday post for them at all. Usually I'd remember taking photos and never getting around to posting them, but I'm not even sure I've done that. Anyway, I did wear these the week before last and was trying to work out if it was their first wear. I think I may have answered that, judging by the lack of photos here. I really don't know how I've missed posting them on the blog before, but here they are with a full outfit.
Mum persuaded me to go to a quiz night at this group she goes to at church. I actually thought it might be quite fun. It really wasn't! We'd roped my Dad and sister in too, so we were a family team! We thought between the four of us, we'd have most topics covered and I swotted up on all the usual crap that comes up in these quizzes and needed absolutely none of it! It was hard, just stuff I didn't know and wouldn't ever know. I surprised myself with the few questions I did get right and we did well overall, but the night dragged on way too long and I got really bored and uncomfortable (I've been suffering ever since).  I was honestly ready to go home halfway through! It was nice to get dressed up, but that was about it!

My hair, as you can see, hasn't been properly coloured since...the beginning of July? The last dye I used, disappeared before my eyes, before I'd even washed it. However it's left my hair really light (light grey/white), so every now and then I've been using this spray on stuff (Wella Perfecton in /6) that washes out. There's no development time, just spray on damp hair and you get this gorgeous colour. Obviously it only works on light or pre-lightened hair, so my roots are still visible, but I'm much more casual about that these days. Rockin' the root look! For makeup, I did something a little different than usual. I've gotten out of the habit of doing fancy eye makeup, I shy away from that now and I'm finding that I'm less capable than I used to be. It's been worrying me slightly, because I feel like I can't even do winged liner properly now and that's always been my signature! I got the Too Faced Life's A Festival unicorn eyeshadow palette months ago, well actually I pretty much bought the whole range and I got it because the packaging was super cool, but kinda knew I'd rarely use the shadows inside. I'd swatched them a while back and realised they were really pretty and TF palettes come with little booklets with ideas on how to use the colours, so I went with one of them. Thinking I'd muck it up and/or it would look terrible, I expected to immediately wash it off, but it was really easy to do and much quicker than if I'd attempted to do something on my own. It was colours I wouldn't usually be comfortable wearing, but I really liked it and I'd do it again. It was the Daytime Dreamer look, can't recall the individual shadow names off the top of my head, but there was orangey-rust tones which scared me and a purple/green shift one on the lid and a brighter violet to use as liner.

I thought I'd go with a light nude lip, but saw this lipgloss sitting out and grabbed it. Despite being darker, it actually worked really well, it's Revolution My Sign Lip Gloss in Capricorn (not my sign, but I liked the colour) with this lip pencil underneath (Fig). The blush was Dior Splendor from the 2016 Holiday collection, it's so pretty, the pan looks like sequins. My foundation is this one in 1.0ns, I'm really loving this right now. It gives me such a healthy glow and is only slightly too dark for me once it oxidises.

Outfit wasn't overly exciting, I was going for 'dressed down' (!) and comfort. You'll get bored of this skirt soon, I wear it all the time (likewise the hoop earrings), this time with a cactus cardigan.  I have a really stupid unicorn case on my phone right now that has a super long horn. It "just" fitted the length of this bag and no more, so I chose wisely! Rings are new, I'm doing a post on Pink Haired Princess about them soon. The only thing I would've changed was the hair clip, it didn't really go (theme or colour), but I couldn't find anything else suitable. Nails (because I've mentioned everything else), is Dior Addict 680 Rose Divin/Divinely Pink. Really old, don't think they still make that colour and it's a weird one for me, because it's quite toned down (has a beautiful smooth, gold shimmer throughout), but I liked it and it's worn really well. The shoes are one of the few older characters I have in my regular size (I used to always size up) and they fit really well. I think they used to be a little tight, but not now. I'm like a giant in them though, my family must be so diddy, I seemed to be towering over everyone that night! 

Wearing:  Lucy cactus cardigan and Mary black swing skirt both Collectif, limited edition shell hair clip ASOS, gold clip on hoop earrings River Island (current), Svetlana ring (matryoshka) and Barnacle Betty ring (mermaid) both Irregular Choice (current) and Lucifer handbag Danielle Nicole x Disney. 
Fit: 4 3/4" heel and 3/4" concealed platform, slip on.  Snug fit at first in my usual size, but no need to size up.
Comfort:  Didn't have any issues with these.   curvy blogger collage wearing black swing skirt, cactus cardigan and unicorn shoesbeauty blogger with curly violet hair wearing makeupblogger with lilac curly hair and rust purple eye makeup and brown lip blogger makeup close up wearing purple orange shimmer eyeshadow, glossy brown lip and peach blush black cardigan with embroidered cactus and furry cat handbaggreen matryoshka doll ring on handgreen mermaid ring on handblack court shoes with gold holographic stars and unicorn heel with shoes in background

2 comments :

  1. Those shoes remind me of the costume worn by Elizabeth Estensen at the end of Turn on to T-Bag. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTF0FNl9GBc&list=PLYzsPPYPRRFVz1gL98qx2Ot4D_BChSyfb&index=11&t=0s watch from 20minutes and you'll see what I mean.

    Your hair looks gorgeous- I really like the way it looks!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.