Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 952 - The Lies I Weave Are Oh So Intricate


Shoes: Wine patent 'Active' Carvela at Kurt Geiger 

Wow, why don't I wear these shoes more often? They're stunning! Hmm, well there is the almost 6" heel and huge platform, not to mention the most fiddly darn buckles on the planet! Honestly took me nearly 15 minutes to buckle them! Despite the height though, you feel pretty safe in them and can walk fast enough. I was concentrating mind you and doing that 'please don't let me stand on a stray stone and topple' thing! They are such a gorgeous rich colour and just perfect with this dress. I think I normally wear a belt with this as it's quite loose fitting on me, but I didn't bother this time. I looked quite Granny-ish....if your Granny wears platforms! The lighting is a bit strange in the face shots below, was trying out a new space, but the light (sun) is either blinding or barely there.  Oh and the hairband, I just knew this would come to my rescue on a bad hair day and it did. It's sooooo pretty, definitely my new favourite thing.

Wearing: 'Celia' dress Swan by Clements Ribeiro, gold star tights House of Holland.
Fit: A little snug, but stick to your usual size. Heel 5 3/4", platform 1 1/2". Adjustable buckle fastening. 
Comfort: They are high, so probably not for everyone but I didn't have any specific issues with them.

6 comments :

  1. Love these platforms with the tights - I need to make more of an effort to wear my way through some of my tights collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, again another pair of perfect tights! (I had these in black but they ripped right away and the HH for Pretty Polly tights aren't cheapish so I was quite bummed:/). Nice shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, oh no! When I'm wearing thin tights like these, I'm always paranoid I'm going to rip them!

      Delete
  3. love the tights ... those would be perfect for my black 50s dress i bought the day before yesterday ... i want to wear for new years eve.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.