Monday 31 October 2011

Day 517 - Lipstick And Lace

Shoes: Black and silver spike 'Corso Como' Fashionista's by Kurt Geiger

Yesterday was my nephews christening, a lovely day. I was really happy with my outfit although my jewellery was a little rushed and if I'd had more time, I probably would've picked some different rings. However it all came together reasonably well. The dress is just amazing, one of the most beautiful I own and totally to my taste. The skirt is so full and lace is my favourite fabric and the scalloped edges on the hem and sleeves are another wonderful feature, I could go on and on! I always get a hint of nerves when doing my hair and make-up for special occasions because I'm the type of person that tends to do something wonderful one day then when it really counts I make a mess of it. I used to forever scold myself for that when I was drawing or painting for competitions or my portfolio! Anyway it turned out alright, clearly I never retouched my powder though as I was like an oil-slick when I got home and my face rarely gets like that, so some photos were extremely shiny, not nice, haha!

Wearing: Black lace 'Peggy' prom dress Pearl Lowe at Peacocks, large polka dot tights, bow brooch (worn in hair), large pearls all Primark, black ring Miss Selfridge, pewter ring Topshop.
Fit: True to size, not much to keep your foot in at the front (fyi my pair are a 1/2 size larger than I usually take), 5 3/4" heel and 3/4" concealed platform.
Comfort: Not the easiest to walk in and some level of discomfort however I'd worn these all day for 2 days previously to break them in and that definitely helped.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for your shoeaholic love!!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.